Alternatives to the ipod/headunit combo

from what I have read, you have to have a hd in fat16 or fat32, you need to run a 1.5 hd if you want to directly plug in play to your usb port. if you have a 3.5 then you have to power the hard drive from a secondairy sorce. on all of that you have very little controll other then volume down if you dont want to hear a song and only plays in order of how they were written on the hd. I am not sure how ssd are with that for I did not find any info. for a regular hd you will have issues from bumps and what not while driving and cause the spindle and such to crash inside wipeing it out.

Alpine CDA-117 whats the preout voltage on it,and is there a Alpine Disc Changer out there (yes I still play cds to)

2009 Buick Lucerne CXL, Sundown SAZ-3000d,Sundown SAX 100.4,2 Shuriken SK-BT80 (80ah batts),Mechman Custom Alt (specs to be determined),Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine I61-2,T3 Audio t2000 (2 12s) , JVC KWHDR720 (doubledin headunit w/iPhone adapter) , SecondSkin Damplifier Pro/ Speaker Tweakers......Build in progress but I have all equipment and Enclosure is going to be around 5 net @ 35hz

I'm trying to stay under $250 for the head unit by the way

2009 Buick Lucerne CXL, Sundown SAZ-3000d,Sundown SAX 100.4,2 Shuriken SK-BT80 (80ah batts),Mechman Custom Alt (specs to be determined),Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine I61-2,T3 Audio t2000 (2 12s) , JVC KWHDR720 (doubledin headunit w/iPhone adapter) , SecondSkin Damplifier Pro/ Speaker Tweakers......Build in progress but I have all equipment and Enclosure is going to be around 5 net @ 35hz

I use a thumbdrive and I just split songs up into folders

I spent around $180 for my radio and a 16 gig thumbdrive. I love it. I have a Pioneer Deh 6300ub

Edited by DylanH

http://www.youtube.c...er/SmallTownSPL

2002 Chevy Blazer

Substage: Shhh, its a secret ;)

Mids and Highs: Stock-Going to change soon

Amp:MTX 92001

Wire:1/0 Welding cable

Electrical:Stock

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

I hope she was meaning that to you. Any who.... You dont say you wanna have dinner in the first damn post. talk to her first. I say find out if the status was torwards you..

Here try this...

"Hey hows it going :)( notice smiley face makes everything better ) I saw your status. "You are far from usual".... So is my dick... Wanna Fuck tommorow???"

Or send her message saying "hey" she replies back "hey" when this happens reply Wanna fuck (INSERT ADDRESS HERE)

Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine. :)

Do you have to have an onstar adapter in GM's or can you just say screw it and not put one in?

Anyone know of a headunit that works good with 16gig SD cards or thumb drives, and has 4 volt preouts/ 5 band eq/ 3 sets of preouts for under $250?

• 9 months later...

Sorry to revive such an old thread but there's alot of misinfo here so I just wanted to clarify. I have a cda-117 and it recognizes and plays music off my 320gb 2.5" external hd just fine. It will break it up by album/artist/song etc. so long as its tagged right. I am having an issue with file structure go I have to work that out....I just assumed I could simply copy my entire music folder which is organized by artist/album/songs but of the 10k songs I have loaded on it, the deck is only seeing about 250....so I gotta figure out the file structure it likes and make the necessary changes.

My drive is a Toshiba Canvio Basics 3.0, no external power supply needed and my decks powers up the drive just fine. The road I drive to work is kinda rough and I had no issue at all this morning with skipping music. My deck does bank music in blocks of 1000 and that banking takes a while but I can listen to music while thats going on so no worries there. So hopefully I can get my music collection arranged in a way the deck likes this weekend and be good to go.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f