Sundown Audio

Is it blown?

Coolbeans

Happened literally a couple minutes ago, was setting my amp(Audiopipe 1500D), and was playin a song next thing i know, my sub stops hittin, and my amp went into protect, then it would flash power for a second, and actually work, and then back to protect, then power for a sec and so on, thought maybe a wire cam lose on the inside of the box so maybe it was reading a bad load, unplugged it at the terminals, still same thing, turned radio on and off, turn truc on and off, still protect flash of power back to protect. any idea?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

do you know how many times the protect light flashes? some manufacturers have them setup so if they flash a specific number of times sequentially it means different faults occurred. If you havent tried it, disconnect everything from the amp, even the power. Keep the amp disconnected for a few minutes and hookup just the power, ground, and remote wires. leave the rca and speaker wires disconnected. Try to turn the radio on and see if the amp still throws itself in protect, if it does then the amp has a problem and it could be your wiring for it or something in the amp blew.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Happened literally a couple minutes ago, was setting my amp(Audiopipe 1500D), and was playin a song next thing i know, my sub stops hittin, and my amp went into protect, then it would flash power for a second, and actually work, and then back to protect, then power for a sec and so on, thought maybe a wire cam lose on the inside of the box so maybe it was reading a bad load, unplugged it at the terminals, still same thing, turned radio on and off, turn truc on and off, still protect flash of power back to protect. any idea?

could be a nuber of thing first thing i would do is check the ohm load on the sub/subs if they read what they should check your grounds and fuse holders ...i have seen alot of amps cut on and off because of improper grounds or cheap fuses...also try to keep a eye on ur voltage if you get it figured out to where it will play

1995 Honda passport 3.2 4x4 Frankenstein on a budget

ballistics sound deader (roof only so far)

kenwood mp3 usb

audio control 3 (upgrading)

hifonics mx-3

3 sets of massive px5 5.25s

3 sets of massive tweets

phonix gold 5.25 componets

x2 massive nx4 nano 200x4 mids

sony xplod 600x4 watt high's

2 Fi bl fully loaded box walled @31ish hz

13.2 cube box/wall

massive DB8000

Excessive amaperge 250 amp alt wir extrnl regulator

daul runs of xs power xpflex 0 gauge

big 3

raptor 0 gauge power/ground wire full run

suriken 45 amp hour x3 shriken bt-120 batts,interstate 1100CA semi batt

scytek galaxy 2way alarm

still upgradeing!

Another thing ive noticed is, where my wires go into my fuse/fuse holder, theres some sort of build up of stuff and it looks like the wires shorted out in there somehow but its not touching metal or anything but theres like a black substance and some other sort of build up in there like i said earlier. the fuse/ fuse holder came with my amp, could i be grounding out somewhere and my fuse is too strong for my power line.

Edited by Coolbeans

Sounds like you are heating up the fuse holder and melting the fuse block. When you bump your music does the power wire/fuse holder get warm at all? If it does then you either have resistance in the line or are exceeding the power capability of that power wire.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress