Sundown Audio

Is it blown?

Coolbeans

Sounds like you are heating up the fuse holder and melting the fuse block. When you bump your music does the power wire/fuse holder get warm at all? If it does then you either have resistance in the line or are exceeding the power capability of that power wire.

how do you exceed the power capability of the line, i mean i have it wired like normal, i just thought the wire would only run so much power, but ill have to test it and see on the wire getting warm.

When you exceed the power capability of the line, meaning Theres alot of current flow through your power wire, And it start's to melt the outer casing, And start's grounding out, causing it to protect. Or could end up in a fire. But check your power wire for shorts, Check your ground, Make sure its good, and its on bare metal, loose ground can put it in protect, Shitty grounds can do that. And so can melting power wires. So check everything!! :good:

*06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500*

*91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*

oh dear god that really scares me that you just said that!!!! You can exceed the power capability of a wire when you draw more current than it is intended to carry. This is why they make fuses. Fuses blow and stop the electricity from flowing on the wire when you exceed the threshold that the wire can allow current to travel before it heats up/melts/catches on fire. For example if i were to run 4 gauge wire to my dc 5.0k it would fry in a second because my 5k draws over 300 amps of current and 4ga is made to be at most 80 amps. The 80 amps is basically the red zone of the current the wire can carry before it starts to produce heat and melt the sheathing and catch on fire. It would be very wise to let us know what gauge wire your power wire is and what fuse you have for safety reasons.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

What kind of fuse?

Where is the amp grounded?

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

idk i left it at 3/4 cause i tried adjusting it by ear, at between 3/4 and full it didnt sound a bit of difference so i just left it there, and my ground it on a bolt thats runs to the body

edit:

idk its the one that came with my amplifier, by Audiopipe. its got to spot on each end where you tighten down the wire to it, and then it connect with screws like a screw on each side of the fuse

looks like the one on the right

281zh3a.jpg

Edited by Coolbeans

Its not the gain.

Either Flaky fuse or bad/loose connection.

Or the amp is fuxored

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz