Sundown Audio

Is it blown?

Coolbeans

IIRC on my brothers f-350 we grounded on a seat bolt as well but there is a thick black paint (probably model dependent) on the metal that really needed to be ground off with a dremel tool

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

Yeah just slapping a ground to a bolt will not work at all. Properly take the time and use a dremel tool or if your like me and use a angle grinder lol. I bet if you clean up that ground something will change.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

100 amp seems a little too much for 4ga wire, I'd get it down to 80 max, 60 would be best but 80 would be fine. The fuse serves two purposes, to blow when it is shorted out (touching the ground of your vehicle) or when you draw more current thsn the wire can handle safely. That's what all fuses are made for, short circuits and over powering.

Edit: what kind of fuse holder is it? Is it an anl, agu, midi, etc.? Also do you have a reducer on the inputs of the fuse holder? A loose connection can cause a ton of heat.

Edited by kickass audio

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

4awg is good to 125amps at 12ft or so.

Fuse is fine.

Plenty of bad info in here

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Well im getting a voltae drop in my power line at the fuse, because i measured the voltage when my amp was in protect and got a low reading looked at my fuse(at which point i was moving it around physically) and my amp powered on and i was getting 12.whatever volts at the amp so i dont think its the ground, cause i tried the power with actual bare metal of the body and read the same. Im thinking its the fuse holder cause of the build up and everything, but its just weird cause it was working fine until i decided to mess with things before a competition then i hit a note while tuning lost power and its been downhill ever since. off and on

So it comes on and off if you wiggle the fuse holder?

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

I'd try all new power wire and fuse/fuse holder, that's just me

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D