Where do people learn about electricity?

From a conversation on about busbars vs. 0g to connect batteries.

but useing buss bars makes all the batts as one huge batt. it also lets up put the power from the middle of a set of batts instead of a single batt. when the batts are sitting at rest thy are holdiign a charge in the mass of the metal so imo bussbars better for this,, wire will not store d/c voltage in needs to wait for the demaind before it will carry the load. with wire also imo the wire goes big to a little ring instead of all the charge be held between all the batts like with bussbars with wire the el3ctrons will go from one to the next to get to the load sorce (amp) i have meanings be hing this but hope it makes a little sence i forgot what i started saying

So I guess, busbars are the new caps?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

:orly3:

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Haha wow, metal is metal, don't matter if it is a bar or round wire, conducts the same, in dc conductive metal doesn't have capacitance like it would in a AC environment.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

Haha wow, metal is metal, don't matter if it is a bar or round wire, conducts the same, in dc conductive metal doesn't have capacitance like it would in a AC environment.

Explain capacitance in a ac enviroment sir? The use buss bars in every panel I've seen to distribute power to breakers. I think buss bars for batterrys is cleaner looking more efficient and allows current to flow easier yes.as far as all metals conducting the same. Not even close. For example stainless and brass are low on the list. The least corrossive ones usually are. Stick with copper and aluminum. Or have some gold ones made up if your balling lol

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Explain capacitance in a ac enviroment sir? The use buss bars in every panel I've seen to distribute power to breakers. I think buss bars for batterrys is cleaner looking more efficient and allows current to flow easier yes.as far as all metals conducting the same. Not even close. For example stainless and brass are low on the list. The least corrossive ones usually are. Stick with copper and aluminum. Or have some gold ones made up if your balling lol

I don't think he was saying all metals conduct the same, I think he was saying neither busbars or wires store, both conduct.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I want to know where he said every metal is the same...or did I miss my stupid pills this morning?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

You slightly missed what I said, a bar or wire will conduct the same, one won't conduct electricity better then the other. If there is the same amount of metal there and they are the same type of metal they WILL conduct the exact same. I would know being I am an electrical engineer lol.

And for AC, because of the alternating current and the reactive component(VAR) then you have capacitance, and if the line, wire, bar is big enough and long enough with will act like a capacitor. One example is in transmission, if you have a 345kv line that is 500 miles long and open ended, the voltage at the open will be higher then the voltage at the closed end. You get voltage rise due to the capacitive nature of the line.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

Explain capacitance in a ac enviroment sir? The use buss bars in every panel I've seen to distribute power to breakers. I think buss bars for batterrys is cleaner looking more efficient and allows current to flow easier yes.as far as all metals conducting the same. Not even close. For example stainless and brass are low on the list. The least corrossive ones usually are. Stick with copper and aluminum. Or have some silver ones made up if your balling lol

fixed. using gold would be stupid. less conductive than copper. only reason it's used a bunch is because it doesn't corrode as fast as the others.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

lol ya, the COPPER buss bar acts WAY different then the COPPER in the wire.

i dont understand the appeal to gold connectors. gold ranks under copper and silver ranks above copper. plus silver is cheaper. why dont we see silver plated connectors?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.