Where do people learn about electricity?

i dont understand the appeal to gold connectors. gold ranks under copper and silver ranks above copper. plus silver is cheaper. why dont we see silver plated connectors?

It is because a connection isn't the same as a continuous length of wire. The gold plated connector will (maybe) have a lower resistance across the connection. Obviously there are more variables to it.

And to clear up the whole capacitance thing, wires have capacitance. Now obviously if you might not notice a few farads hooked up to your dc system you won't notice the essentially unmeasurable amount in your wires or buss bars. Now if it was ac and you bumped the frequency up high enough you will eventually notice it.

and as AMI said a few hundred miles and some ac and you will notice it for sure. Long story short, lol at thinking buss bars are that different from some 0 gauge.

This guy wasn't talking about capacitance, if you re-read what he wrote he is stating that the 0g will not connect the batteries but the busbars will. The busbars will allow the batteries to act as a single big battery rather than, well I'm not sure exactly what he thinks happens otherwise.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

When using buss bars and battery banks remember that d/c current flows like water so there is a certain way you'll need to hook things up so everything works as one. Never hook batteries up where the positive and negative are across from each other with buss bars cause d/c current will take the path of least resistance and go through battery number one and bypass all the rest even though they are all connected. You need to hook positives at one end of the buss bars or bank of batteries and negatives to the other side of the buss bars or battery bank, cause if the electron can't travel through all the batteries then the ones it can't travel through are wasted.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

This guy wasn't talking about capacitance, if you re-read what he wrote he is stating that the 0g will not connect the batteries but the busbars will. The busbars will allow the batteries to act as a single big battery rather than, well I'm not sure exactly what he thinks happens otherwise.

Anything storing charge in the manner he speaks is acting as a capacitor.

When using buss bars and battery banks remember that d/c current flows like water so there is a certain way you'll need to hook things up so everything works as one. Never hook batteries up where the positive and negative are across from each other with buss bars cause d/c current will take the path of least resistance and go through battery number one and bypass all the rest even though they are all connected. You need to hook positives at one end of the buss bars or bank of batteries and negatives to the other side of the buss bars or battery bank, cause if the electron can't travel through all the batteries then the ones it can't travel through are wasted.

False.

I would systematically go through and disprove everything you just said but its pretty much all wrong unless I can't make sense of what you are writing. Feel free to draw a picture. Otherwise, no.

11hcxah.jpg

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

is he talking about connecting batts together with buss bars vs. wire? or just using bussbars on your batts? because either way your going to be using wire at some point.lol... I also dont understand when he says " that the bussbars will store DC voltage, where Wire wont." .... i feel like it wouldn't matter.? but i dont know just learning here.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

11hcxah.jpg

HA HA HA HA HA

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

is he talking about connecting batts together with buss bars vs. wire? or just using bussbars on your batts? because either way your going to be using wire at some point.lol... I also dont understand when he says " that the bussbars will store DC voltage, where Wire wont." .... i feel like it wouldn't matter.? but i dont know just learning here.

Someone asked which was better, busbars or using 0g to connect a bank of batteries. What I posted was someones response.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69