DC Sound Lab

I just want to know why that 3500 is only doing 1000-1500??? Is his rise really hurting him that much? Can someone please explain? :drinks:

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Thats typical power after rise for most daily boxes.

I usually see 2.5x rise.

And a 44 with 3k trunk is a good score.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

I just want to know why that 3500 is only doing 1000-1500??? Is his rise really hurting him that much? Can someone please explain? :drinks:

you know rise is caused from the box correct? the way you keep saying it you make it seem like its the amp, his box is prolly terrible.. in my own setup i only clamped 2,3xx out of mine rising from .5 to 2.6 (which is way more than even its 2 ohm rating)

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13

you know rise is caused from the box correct? the way you keep saying it you make it seem like its the amp, his box is prolly terrible.. in my own setup i only clamped 2,3xx out of mine rising from .5 to 2.6 (which is way more than even its 2 ohm rating)

Well see that makes a lot more sense to me, he must have a HUGE amount of rise then correct? Like, he is prolly rising from something like .5 to 4.2 or some crazy number like that?

So I guess I need to learn what exactly it is about the box that creates the rise, so I can try to avoid as much as possible? Sorry I am TRYING to learn? :peepwall:

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Well see that makes a lot more sense to me, he must have a HUGE amount of rise then correct? Like, he is prolly rising from something like .5 to 4.2 or some crazy number like that?

So I guess I need to learn what exactly it is about the box that creates the rise, so I can try to avoid as much as possible? Sorry I am TRYING to learn? :peepwall:

from my understanding, larger boxes usually help knock down rise, as well as direct connections from the amp to the woofers.. speaker terminals/bolts can help factor into rise.. theres no way to get 100% around it, and musical rise is way different than 1 note rise, on music frequencies are constently changing so you can be rising anywere from 2-4 even 8

my old kicker CVX12s on my aq1200d i was rising to just over 3 ohms, i bypassed the speaker terminals and went directly from amp to woofers and kept it to around 2.5, gained about .8 musically, i went from 142s on music to just over 43s

Team Sundown Audio

i have 3 powerbass 4ks and 3 12xls and each is wired at 1 ohm in my s10 and i get about 15 to 1700 because of box rise wich sucks but i still did a 152.2 at 41 hz (with driver door open) and im tuned to 33 for a daily groundpounder but any way the point is i have about 2 ohms of box rise even tho im wired at 1 ohm so if that guy has a ram and is still getting 1000 to 1500 id say that amp is doing just fine . theres alot of ways to determine box rise but you most likely just gotta try diff stuff in spl but im extremly happy for getting what im getting and still having a box under my window line

Edited by jakobebassbudds

2 12ks and i dont know what to do

build in the works!

from my understanding, larger boxes usually help knock down rise, as well as direct connections from the amp to the woofers.. speaker terminals/bolts can help factor into rise.. theres no way to get 100% around it, and musical rise is way different than 1 note rise, on music frequencies are constently changing so you can be rising anywere from 2-4 even 8

my old kicker CVX12s on my aq1200d i was rising to just over 3 ohms, i bypassed the speaker terminals and went directly from amp to woofers and kept it to around 2.5, gained about .8 musically, i went from 142s on music to just over 43s

Thanks man, that helps me understand a lot. So would the reason 4th orders do well be related to this?

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Nice :) I doing 144.3 clemped at 1149

2003 Grand AM GTELECTRICAL SYSTEMAlternatorstockBatteryFront s3400back d3100Wireinglots of 0gaHEAD UNITpionner 7500xSPEAKERS(4)Prv 6mb200(2)prv 10mr1000AMPLIFIRLS(1)Zxi80.4(2)Brx1200.4SUBWOOFER(2) MTX 9500BOX3.41 cuft 63sq port 34hzLINKSYoutube.com/reggieb198895

Thanks man, that helps me understand a lot. So would the reason 4th orders do well be related to this?

Not sure tbh only cause I have 0 experience with any kind of bandpass enclosure

Team Sundown Audio