DC Sound Lab

I just want to know why that 3500 is only doing 1000-1500??? Is his rise really hurting him that much? Can someone please explain? :drinks:

you know rise is caused from the box correct? the way you keep saying it you make it seem like its the amp, his box is prolly terrible.. in my own setup i only clamped 2,3xx out of mine rising from .5 to 2.6 (which is way more than even its 2 ohm rating)

Well see that makes a lot more sense to me, he must have a HUGE amount of rise then correct? Like, he is prolly rising from something like .5 to 4.2 or some crazy number like that?

So I guess I need to learn what exactly it is about the box that creates the rise, so I can try to avoid as much as possible? Sorry I am TRYING to learn? :peepwall:

from my understanding, larger boxes usually help knock down rise, as well as direct connections from the amp to the woofers.. speaker terminals/bolts can help factor into rise.. theres no way to get 100% around it, and musical rise is way different than 1 note rise, on music frequencies are constently changing so you can be rising anywere from 2-4 even 8

my old kicker CVX12s on my aq1200d i was rising to just over 3 ohms, i bypassed the speaker terminals and went directly from amp to woofers and kept it to around 2.5, gained about .8 musically, i went from 142s on music to just over 43s

It's smaller boxes.

I was always told larger enclosures help knock rise down, thorshammer explained it to me a while back when my old lvl 4s kept sending every amp I put on them In protect, he said cause my box was too big that I had little to no rise(of course I knew that wasn't the issue) so odds are he was feeding me a line of BS to make it look like the woofers weren't the issue, cause my 4 cube box was wayy too big apparently

So you could be right, it's just what I was told

And guess I forgot to put the word "rise" after "box" in my original statement eh

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13

Brandon some times you really are full of b.s. your box was too big. End of story. Or maybe I just don't know what my woofers like. You make the call.

With less power you can optimize your driver by useing a bigger box thus bringing the driver to its full limitations easier. Bigger power you want a smaller box to gain more control on the driver. As little as .5 cu can make the difference.

Op my current set up in trunk does 150.2 @ 30hz. From 43-47hz it does a 151.2 and at 50hz it does a 150.2. 2 lvl 5 15s, ab 1100.1, 7.75in aero. Subs and port facing cabin unsealed. That's about As musical as it gets lol.

All scores are dbdrag legal.

Brandon some times you really are full of b.s. your box was too big. End of story. Or maybe I just don't know what my woofers like. You make the call.

Me? How is that? And it must be rusty doesn't know his own woofers then if he never said my box wouldn't work or it's too big, he said it was perfect. I never had an issue with any other amps or subs in that box other than the lvl 4s, it's kind of obvious what my issue was but you won't accept it, rusty even warrantied me on the woofers by sending me recones for stupid cheap, after I reconed the woofers I ran them in the same box, in the same amp for a week before I sold them, and saw no issue..so what your gonna tell me is my box was too big for the lvl 4s right from the factory, but my box was fine for the same woofers after I reconed them? I don't understand how that's possible....hm

Team Sundown Audio

I'm gonna take the high road on this. The op didn't start this thread to listen to you bash on me.

I'm truly at a loss as to why you feel you have to drag my name everywhere you go. I did nothing but spend countless hrs. Standing in the rain, snow etc.. giving you free meter time and countless hrs on the phone answering tech questions etc. You have always been a hard head who believes that no matter what folks tell you they must be wrong because you believe yadayada.

I wish you the best in your endeavors.

Instead of doing this on the internet why don't you give me a call and we can hash it out. Number is the same.

I'm gonna take the high road on this. The op didn't start this thread to listen to you bash on me.

I'm truly at a loss as to why you feel you have to drag my name everywhere you go. I did nothing but spend countless hrs. Standing in the rain, snow etc.. giving you free meter time and countless hrs on the phone answering tech questions etc. You have always been a hard head who believes that no matter what folks tell you they must be wrong because you believe yadayada.

I wish you the best in your endeavors.

Instead of doing this on the internet why don't you give me a call and we can hash it out. Number is the same.

No there's nothing against you or anything at all but the one thing is you went every route to blame everything other than the woofers being my issue, when everything was swapped and/or exchanged, you did help me a lot and I always thanked you for it, I decided to go with a different product and I didn't have any luck, people have good/bad experiences with every product, I just hate how there were different excuses on what my problem was and everything seemed to be outside of having a faulty woofer or woofers, I'll still recommend your product when asked

Edited by BeAlLsTaR13

Team Sundown Audio

Plz refer to woofers on home page. What is the recommended ported enclosure size?

Still wanna keep this going I assume? I don't care what the site says, go back to ken's Facebook post from a few weeks ago and where you say "rusty did not tell you your box is fine" look at my post below that where I post you the screenshot of the email where I prove he says it's "perfect"

/end of discussion, I already know the fault of that setup, and generally you do as well.

Team Sundown Audio

In a lot of cases you can run Lv4s in 2 cubes each. I ran them in 2 cubes each in my truck with zero failures. There are a lot of other factors than can come into play though that will change what a sub will and will not do. If your able to push a sub past its mechanical limits in a box then a smaller box is needed. I make the best suggestions I can based on information givin to me through email or over the phone. Nothing beats hands on though.

This is way off the OP's topic, If it continues it will be locked.

DC AUDIO

Phone Number

1(855)SPL-DBZZ

Built by Competitors, for Competitors.

In a lot of cases you can run Lv4s in 2 cubes each. I ran them in 2 cubes each in my truck with zero failures. There are a lot of other factors than can come into play though that will change what a sub will and will not do. If your able to push a sub past its mechanical limits in a box then a smaller box is needed. I make the best suggestions I can based on information givin to me through email or over the phone. Nothing beats hands on though.

This is way off the OP's topic, If it continues it will be locked.

Thanks for the input, it's appreciated. Cause I have seen a few people on here run in 2.0 cubes +\-, mine saw rated power

Now this will be my last post on this thread that's OT, so rob throw me a PM if you want or we can just squash it.

Team Sundown Audio

Rusty and Rob is a noob just like me :P

and I have a 6.x box rise

also greg, I told you it was a good score for setup/equipment. I'll take a look at it the 22nd and see if cant get you near that 150 mark :)

oh and a side note to ease the tension, I'm watching transformers again....megan fox is so hawt

Edited by basebalz13