Sundown Audio

looking for new amp (s)

uhoh_45

IMHO SD amps not very good for daily..
why? have you owned one? i never had a single problem with my 12k in my daily driver. worked great for me.

i have used both the SD8k and 12k

my aq3500.1 was louder then the sd8k the SD8k was heating subs up in less then 30 seconds ( could play full tilt allll day with aq) also didnt sound good...at all ( to me anyways)

the 12k..same thing but of course it had a little more power then the aq3500.1 didnt sound good.. sounded like a wet fart..

A 4300 watt board louder than an 8k board? Hmmmm idk...

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

IMHO SD amps not very good for daily..
why? have you owned one? i never had a single problem with my 12k in my daily driver. worked great for me.

i have used both the SD8k and 12k

my aq3500.1 was louder then the sd8k the SD8k was heating subs up in less then 30 seconds ( could play full tilt allll day with aq) also didnt sound good...at all ( to me anyways)

the 12k..same thing but of course it had a little more power then the aq3500.1 didnt sound good.. sounded like a wet fart..

none of that sounds like my experiences :shrug: i got an 82 in meca SQ while using my sd12k, turned down of course. my mayhems never got hot, unless i turned it up and clipped the signal. and the amp stayed pretty damn cool. i know SD had problems with the 8k and the 16k though. my team has had two vehicles with two 12ks doing over 160db. so they are solid by all accounts i have seen.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

they are great SPL amps forsure lots of loud guys are using them with great successes but MY experiances with them.. werent good, at all, neither were any of my other buddys who have ran them daily. i know OP is close to the SD owner as well if he ever needed a warrenty

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole