DC Sound Lab

Level 4 handling 1500 watts?

I am looking to possibly buy a level 4 and I am going to run it with a 1500 watt Hifonics amp. I know that DCs are underrated but I wanted to make sure that I wouldn't destroy the voice coil by giving it too much. I was thinking about the upgrades too, maybe wait for CF cones with an extra spider or a CF dustcap. I don't really want to make the level 5 upgrade for it unless it is a must cuz I'm trying to keep the price down (short on cash you guys know how it goes :/ ). Any suggestions are appreciated!

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally would not worry about it. The amp wont put out the 1500 realistically. it also depends on what hifonics amp you speak of because some of them are not RMS rated and some are so it would depend.

But in the end i wouldnt worry about it

JonSig1_zpsaea3e8d2.gif

Contact us for the best quality cables and accessories with the fastest shipping in the industry

EMAIL: [email protected]<script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

LIKE US ON FB: https://www.facebook.com/SkyHighCarAudio

ADD ME ON FB: https://www.facebook.com/jon.rabe.1

MONSTER SKY HIGH/DC GMC: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/127057-sky-high-monster-gmc-walk-through-12-lvl-5-15s-6-9ks-trim-panels-and-wiring-p-90/

You're much more likely to blow your sub over improperly set gains and clipping music rather than because your amp is "rated" for 1500 watts. Your sub probably won't even see it because of rise, anyway.

Get your gains set right and you won't have a problem... unless you're just a complete fucknut with the volume knob.

:drinks:

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Ihad my 2 lvl4 15's on my audiopipe 3k for almost two years. now i have four of them on 2 ap 3k's lol. I realize the audiopipe 3ks do not do rated power but they are somewhat close if anything. I think they can take the power if done properly.

MY TRUCK BUILD - 1976 F-100 Ranger. Fully built 482 big block, 4 DC lvl4 15's in a blowthrough, plenty of custom fabrication.

MY HATCH BUILD - 1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback . Clean daily driver, dropped, subtle customization.

teamxa2-1.jpg

I think I'll just play it safe with the level 5 upgrade cuz I guess I dont 100% trust the amp and I also am way far away from being considered an experienced DIYer. Thanks for the input CJ I shouldn't have ever second guessed ya!

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

If you can afford it, get the lvl5 coils. If not, your "regular" level 4 would be fine. Just don't clip it. I had a ap1500 and it killed my 15" lvl4 from a clipped to all hell song.