Stereo What to get....

My tv sucks for speakers, as they all do.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Samsung-HT-D550-DVD-Home-Theater-System/16440064 Like this?????????????

Do i have to have a receiver with it? and whats some good ones. suggestions :drinks:

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

if I am not mistake you do not need a receiver for those speakers, It won't sound as good as higher end home theaters like bose or klipsch but it will be a hell of a lot better than the stock TV speakers, really good price too, IMO.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

This is what I have and it's awesome! My link

there is some VERY hard headed people out there. Anyone who says a DD-1 isnt necessary is also saying an O-scope isnt necessary. Anyone who says an O-scope IN THE MINIMUM isnt necessary, is a noob. Forget the DD-1 for a minute, any reputable installer will at LEAST use an O-scope. Those guys in that thread are clowns. Hard headed clowns.

i also am 16 years old with atleast a 300 dollar budget and that to me is top dollar. Damn i will just use some damn car speakers powersupplys and a RF amp

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

The logitech z-5500 is some good speakers. Mostly used for pc. Ive had i before as my main stereo. It was pretty sick. You get alot for the money!!

Cerwin Vega <3 . When Bass Counts!

i also am 16 years old with atleast a 300 dollar budget and that to me is top dollar. Damn i will just use some damn car speakers powersupplys and a RF amp

Thats right:) im running 3 psus and one amp on 215s. Gotta love car audio at home :D

The logitech z-5500 is some good speakers. Mostly used for pc. Ive had i before as my main stereo. It was pretty sick. You get alot for the money!!

This.

If you're on a hella tight budget, the Logitech speaker systems are hard to beat.

Its doable, but you'd spend a LOT of time bargain hunting.

The Z-2300 I had, while far from an audiophile system, could output a lot of sound for not a lot of money.

The Klipsch ProMedia set I got afterward is better quality wise at low volume, about the same money, but has really bad distortion on the sub at high volume.

Bigger budget--get a receiver and a couple bookshelves.

Low volume--get the ProMedia

High volume--Z2300

Thats right:) im running 3 psus and one amp on 215s. Gotta love car audio at home :D

For the price you pay to get decent quality PSUs, you may as well have bought a receiver.

Edited by BJD3

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Comparing the receiver + Bookshelf set up to the Z2300.

With the receiver, I didn't really need the sub. The bookshelves were louder, cleaner, and played almost as low as the Z2300.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

This.

If you're on a hella tight budget, the Logitech speaker systems are hard to beat.

Its doable, but you'd spend a LOT of time bargain hunting.

The Z-2300 I had, while far from an audiophile system, could output a lot of sound for not a lot of money.

The Klipsch ProMedia set I got afterward is better quality wise at low volume, about the same money, but has really bad distortion on the sub at high volume.

Bigger budget--get a receiver and a couple bookshelves.

Low volume--get the ProMedia

High volume--Z2300

For the price you pay to get decent quality PSUs, you may as well have bought a receiver.

I have A stereo amplifier. Nad c355bee im very happy with it. Im running 2 pairs of speakers on it. Cerwin vega xls 12 and cerwin vega v 12. And the psus are from random pcs ive thrown:P

So as not to completely crap on the OP's thread, my suggestion is to get a good receiver and a solid set of bookshelves. Run a straight 2.0 set up for a while as you save money. Then add a sub for a 2.1 system. Later, you can add a center channel (3.1) and finally a set of towers and move the bookshelves to the rear to complete a 5.1 system.

I have A stereo amplifier. Nad c355bee im very happy with it. Im running 2 pairs of speakers on it. Cerwin vega xls 12 and cerwin vega v 12. And the psus are from random pcs ive thrown:P

I stand behind my statement.

Your amplifier is looking for power at 13.8 - 14.4. This is where most are rated. Running an amplifier on a PSU is going to have the amplifier acting like its always in a state of low voltage. I seriously, seriously doubt a computer PSU is putting out 13.8 - 14.4 volts. All the looking online I've done has put it in the high 11s to the low 12s. As I'm sure you're already aware, these are numbers that we try to avoid on this forum when we are setting up charging systems in our cars.

The kind of PSU you would need to (properly) set up car audio in home is like this one.

And when you can buy receivers like this one for the same money, gain features that make way more sense in the home audio environment, and reduce the fire hazard, well, the choice is obvious unless you're looking for a project.

Edited by BJD3

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert