Tank's Very Low Budget S10 Build Log

hey tank I'll pm ya with my number, shoot me a text when you head up to Negaunee, I live in Ishpeming actually so drop on by for a demo before I finish gutting it out for the new install or for a few beers, beers are good! :drink40: and truck is looking good, get some sleep and then work on that box man! :drinks:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey tank I'll pm ya with my number, shoot me a text when you head up to Negaunee, I live in Ishpeming actually so drop on by for a demo before I finish gutting it out for the new install or for a few beers, beers are good! :drink40: and truck is looking good, get some sleep and then work on that box man! :drinks:

Well if I was going to go up for the show it woulda been yesterday. I dont know when the next time I'll be going up there. I was going to sometime to visit my brother in Mqt but idk when thats going to be. and sleep is for the weak lol. I'm putting my box together right now I'll take pics after its done. If I was doing a ported box I would take pics during the build but since its just a plain sealed box theres no real reason to take pics

well....... I mightve made a boo boo..... The way I had to put the box together made the bottom depth instead of 6.5 in deep, 7.5 in deep. which means I cant put my seat all the way back. which means unless I can somehow modify the back frame of my seat. I'm going to have to rebuild my box

nice update man, not having a garage sucks for sure lol

you dont have to tell me twice lol. well it was a shitty day for the box but a good day for my wiring. finally got the big 3 fully done and no more voltage drop at all. I played 3 songs at full blast just sitting still at idle at 500-600rpm and the volts didnt drop at all. that makes me happy. well at least I was happy till the cops showed up because someone called and bitched. I was all the way in the back of the walmart parking lot and someone bitched lol. no ticket because there is no sound law in my town :)

1022111534.jpg

but here is my box in my truck. It's bigger than I expected lol

1022111401.jpg

and after I finish the box I have to find some way to get the amp under the seat

Second sub just got here. Still gotta fix my box though. been spending too much time on BF3 between the midnight release and playing it for 12 hours straight lol. Ill probably work on the box tonight and see if I can finish it. I hope my new digital tac and volt gauge come in soon.

I have a dilemma. I got my digital volt meter in and I'm hooking it up and I'm noticing that when I hook it up to the wires in my truck it reads 13.7 but when i put it right on the battery its at 14.5. so how can I hook it up so it reads the full voltage straight from the battery but doesnt stay on when i turn the key off without having to wire in a relay?

Got my box done. subs in and all wired up. sounds awesome except for one thing... my new sliding rear window rattles like a bitch.................... sooooo i have to find some way to stop it from vibrating while still actually being able to open it.... anyone have any ideas? I will upload a pic tomorrow night after I get back home from getting my tattoo

Archived