glass pack or what kind of muffler

i think its about time to replace the muffler on my 4.0 liter Cherokee. i just want something a little meaner sounding. so what would you guys reccomend a glass pack or what kind of muffler

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

i think its about time to replace the muffler on my 4.0 liter Cherokee. i just want something a little meaner sounding. so what would you guys reccomend a glass pack or what kind of muffler

ive got dynomax bullet glasspacks, i like em because their the legal alternative to straight pipes. They get louder the longer you have em on. Plus theyre cheap.

Walled Police Interceptor

Four 15s

160s

I have glasspacks on my 3.1 still with the cat and all that good stuff so not getto sounding, mine is the 30inch long one "longer they are the softer it sounds" and it sounds pretty good actully. Thats the way id go on a jeep just because it was 15$ and if you go 4x4in and smash the damn thing on a rock.. There cheap who cares. Just my 2cents on it

i found a video of the flowmaster 44 series. i kinda like the way it sounds. any thought on it?

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

what size does the jeep have already? 2.5ish?. for right now all i can really afford to do is the muffler. it already has a few small holes in it so i wanna try and get it replaced before it rusts out more

what size does the jeep have already? 2.5ish?. for right now all i can really afford to do is the muffler. it already has a few small holes in it so i wanna try and get it replaced before it rusts out more

If not 2.5 it will be at least around there, if it is just the stock single pipe. Go measure it or just buy a 2.5 in/out muffler. If you have a little experience welding you can pretty easily weld 2.25 to 2.5, or just buy an adapter pipe from local autozone/advanced and then weld

And I agree with the flowmaster 44 series. Anything that is meant to be close to straight pipes(glasspack, 1 chamber mufflers, etc) won't sound all that mean with anything except a V8, it'll be a little ricey sounding imo.

Good luck with whichever muffler

Edited by Loslam

1997 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab, 350 Vortec

Things to come at some point...

Build Log: http://www.stevemead...2200ds-133-ohm/

I have a Flowmaster 40 on my Cherokee- I like it a lot, sounds burbly at idle too. The 44 would be a little tamer I'd think.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

I've got a magnaflow on my Heep.

Has a low tone to it..I cut it off infront of the axle and welded the muffler on it though. I don't remember what series I picked up..it's just whatever they had at oriley's..

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."