• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But the topic was here a year ago Cary :)

To the F3...

I never calculate like I would have just one drive.

I consider the car, the whole system, and what I want to do with it.

Usually "just" listening music. Personally I dont car about subsonic, unnatural

effects from tooo low tunings. Makes no sense for me to tune something

to 20 hz just to say "hey, that is loooow". So there is no real point of f3 for me.

Its always different. Calculations are usually made for free field measurements

or applications, in cars you have to add the car itself, the pressure chamber effekt and so on.

(I guess you all know that already) and so the frequency responses in my curves

look like tuned too high, but when you measure in car, your relatively flat from 24-60 hz

(+ - 2dB what makes not a real difference when listening to MUSIC!)and even on 20hz it blows like crazy,

always in mind that there are more woofers involved.

Its difficult for me to explain the high tunings of my low playing systems :)

Üüüühh!!!

Michael tongue.gif

www.SQPL.de Rulez!

But the topic was here a year ago Cary :)

Ok, but that was before I was here! :P

I think a lot of people would think differently about XPlod if they were to see this, and Cerwin Vega has always been impressive.

I really love the structure of that enclosure, very well thought out. I recommended Neo-Frog take a look at this post for his next build in his PT. :D

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Bandpass boxes FTW..love your work man. :clapping:

Sorry if ive brought a thread from the dead but i find this very intresting.I will be starting a rebuild of my Chevy in January sometime which at the moment as 12x15'' in a 4th order bandpass which plays real sweet aint the loudest around as a good bandwidth .My new plan is to use 24 x15'' Orion cobalts in a 6th order series tuned and move the wall to the B post which should give me plenty of volume.!! must get over to Germany with some of my fellow Db drag boys this year.

The uk,s first 170db

I get how Oki's designs work, and agree with him you shouldn't base the end resultant upon 1 driver x then number you have. Its simple when you think about it, the rear chambers are heavily damped from being fairly compact but you build up a great amount of control and reduce the overall Xmax. Your in a sense restraining the excursion. However, the front waves are therefore much more powerful, couple that with a chamber with a decent set of rads for a desired bandwidth and you get a killer setup.

The 4th orders i've heard tend to loose out on output when using larger sealed cabs, your reducing the compression with a larger chamber and defeating the object of the effects of 'bandpass' on the suspenion of the driver. Large rear cabs and semi large front makes for just a muddy undefined sound, also at a cost of output.

Its fair to say Oki's systems show exactly why a bandpass need not depend on the F3 of the driver.

www.BladeICE.com

UK/European Distributors

Ascendant Audio

Fi Car Audio

XS Power

KnuKonceptz.co.uk

Facebook

Youtube Channel

I get how Oki's designs work, and agree with him you shouldn't base the end resultant upon 1 driver x then number you have. Its simple when you think about it, the rear chambers are heavily damped from being fairly compact but you build up a great amount of control and reduce the overall Xmax. Your in a sense restraining the excursion. However, the front waves are therefore much more powerful, couple that with a chamber with a decent set of rads for a desired bandwidth and you get a killer setup.

The 4th orders i've heard tend to loose out on output when using larger sealed cabs, your reducing the compression with a larger chamber and defeating the object of the effects of 'bandpass' on the suspenion of the driver. Large rear cabs and semi large front makes for just a muddy undefined sound, also at a cost of output.

Its fair to say Oki's systems show exactly why a bandpass need not depend on the F3 of the driver.

It real depends on your personal goals ive made many 4th order bandpass with a small low frequency chamber and no doubt they aer very musical but tend to lose output below 30hz,i agree that a (real large )!!rear chamber 4th order bandpass sound muddy,thats why a 6th order is the way to go for me

The uk,s first 170db

It real depends on your personal goals ive made many 4th order bandpass with a small low frequency chamber and no doubt they aer very musical but tend to lose output below 30hz,i agree that a (real large )!!rear chamber 4th order bandpass sound muddy,thats why a 6th order is the way to go for me

The uk,s first 170db

From what i've seen, Oki's is a complete monster right down to 20hz. Larger cabs on the rear will loose out and reduce the effect of what you are trying to achieve with a 4th order bandpass. The driver isn't gaining anything from having a larger rear cabs, well very little. Get the front chamber right, it won't roll off @ 30Hz. Okis proves this through and throughout :)

www.BladeICE.com

UK/European Distributors

Ascendant Audio

Fi Car Audio

XS Power

KnuKonceptz.co.uk

Facebook

Youtube Channel

Archived