Mysterious computer problem

Okay so I have built a computer with all compatible parts and go to install Vista Ultimate (old I know) and i get to the install screen (files, updates, etc) and once it got to the "completing installtion" step the computer froze up. I let it sit all night and upon waking up it was on the same screen/step and had made no progress all night.

I go to restart the computer and try to resolve the problem but once it restarts, at this point it recognized an OS on the HDD and began to boot Vista - ya know the black screen that has a rectangular box at the bottom with the green block things scrolling through it and "Microsoft Corporation" below that. After that screen it gives me the colorful (blue and green) vista screen reading "Please wait..." and an error that says "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unknown error. Windows installation cannot proceed. Please restart computer to continue installation." Or something very similar to that.

Every time I go to restart it just gives the same error, even when i try to boot from the disc. I talked to Microsoft for half an hour with no prevail and they just told me it's most likely a HDD problem. So I come to yall for any sort of advice since I don't have extra blank hard drives just laying around.

I like the oldschool one..

TDHsiggy.png

Current System: Stock 2011 Tahoe

Loud as F**K

Just kidding

Okay so I have built a computer with all compatible parts and go to install Vista Ultimate (old I know) and i get to the install screen (files, updates, etc) and once it got to the "completing installtion" step the computer froze up. I let it sit all night and upon waking up it was on the same screen/step and had made no progress all night.

I go to restart the computer and try to resolve the problem but once it restarts, at this point it recognized an OS on the HDD and began to boot Vista - ya know the black screen that has a rectangular box at the bottom with the green block things scrolling through it and "Microsoft Corporation" below that. After that screen it gives me the colorful (blue and green) vista screen reading "Please wait..." and an error that says "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unknown error. Windows installation cannot proceed. Please restart computer to continue installation." Or something very similar to that.

Every time I go to restart it just gives the same error, even when i try to boot from the disc. I talked to Microsoft for half an hour with no prevail and they just told me it's most likely a HDD problem. So I come to yall for any sort of advice since I don't have extra blank hard drives just laying around.

You will have to re-install check the bios settings for the hard drive. If it's set to raid ahci change it to something else and try installing again...

Hi SMD Members If anybody has computer problems and is an SMD member with at least 150 posts I will fix your problems for free by phone support or I can also fix your computer over the internet.... I have references such as All State insurance, Nationwide Insurance and much more... just p.m me for help.. I am not the greatest with when it comes to audio systems so I figured I could contribute to the forum this way.... Thanks David

Nvmm... lol

Edited by SoCaLBaMF

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

try a different os. get the system builders version of win8 for now to test with. you dont need to check any settings. It found the hard drive or it would not have attempted to load the os. see if you're disc has any scratches on it too.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Waits for someone to tell me I dont know what im talking about.....

FYI microsofts tech support sucks dick. If you didnt get to an engineer(a real one not amir or whatever his name is) I deal with them alot. If you dont get beyond the idiot with the big white binder to someone who can think outside the box you'll want to hurt someone.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Alright i'll check it out tomorrow. Playing battlefield tonight. Lol

I would also run DBAN to erase any corupted files on the HDD you really want a fresh slate to work with it will take awhile depending on how large your HDD is...and once you have done the DBAN and yous till have problems installing the OS,your HDD is more then likely bad.

Waits for someone to tell me I dont know what im talking about.....

FYI microsofts tech support sucks dick. If you didnt get to an engineer(a real one not amir or whatever his name is) I deal with them alot. If you dont get beyond the idiot with the big white binder to someone who can think outside the box you'll want to hurt someone.

I second that

Oh btw I know how microsoft is. He kept saying "this is very weird" in an indian accent so I guess he hasn't seen that before. I was hoping I'd talk to someone who has actually built an OS. Do you know how I can talk to an engineer?

I like the oldschool one..

TDHsiggy.png

Current System: Stock 2011 Tahoe

Loud as F**K

Just kidding