Burp Box Build Help

Building my first burp box, this is is my first burp box, ive built two others just for daily.

what i got: 1 Fi BL 15, 1 Audiopipe 15001D. the sub sees around a 1000watts maybe a little more.

making a 4.14 cubed box tuned to 40hz, with 21.24 squre inches of port per foot.

Anyway let me know what yall think this is my first slot port design, and if you have a good comment or suggestion post it.

burpboxdesign.jpg

Build.png

build1.png

build2.png

Too much port get down to 16 and you should be fine

remember that its a burp box

agreed. for daily use 12 to 16 per cube is good, but i think it's pretty common to go above that with burp boxes. i'm interested in learning a little more about the designing of these boxes.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Have you considered an aero port? Costs a little more to start off but its cheaper than rebuilding your box a few times to get it just right.

I believe your current design has too much port length imo which is another reason why I say go for an aero if this is truly a strictly burp oriented box.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

okay i'm no expert on burp boxes, but here's my 2 cents worth.

i don't think it would hurt to make the 45's in the corner a little bit bigger. also, a little more support where the sub will be mounted is probably a good idea. i would recommend doing a double baffle and flush mount the woofer, that's actually been proven to help the numbers. i encourage you to check out the SPL gains thread, theres a lot good information on there that might help your scores!

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Have you considered an aero port? Costs a little more to start off but its cheaper than rebuilding your box a few times to get it just right.

I believe your current design has too much port length imo which is another reason why I say go for an aero if this is truly a strictly burp oriented box.

i have but just to get the best, i thought giving it one aero port would be best because of possibly making one even the smallest bit shorter or longer than the ohter, and with one 6inch aeroport tuned in a 4cubic foot box, the port area per foot is very small

do you have the sketchup model for that? i'd like to mess around with it a little and show you what i would do to it.

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.