DC Sound Lab

Level fives or XL??

why not 4 lvl 5s on 4 aq 3500s? that would work out nicely..

and that saves a ton of $... compared to 8 amps..

you dont have to run stupid power to the subs to get loud, i ran 1 7k to 3 lvl 5s and

was pulling 55s on music at the head....

4 3500 isn't that a bit much why not just four 2200?

4 x 3500 = 14000

8 x 2200 = 17600

Why not 2 AQ 20 = 16000 golden middle

i think its already been established that he shouldnt be running anywhere near that type of power until he has more experience and knowledge.

the 3500 will be fine for you. like others have said, wall 2 18" xls with the 3500 and you'll be good. then if you want to upgrade, you can beef up your electical even more, and throw in another amp. baby steps man (even tho those are still big) but as soon as i saw this, i said to myself, theres no way 4 18s are gonna fit in a car...

Alpine CDA-9886Hertz Mille 3 ways active

Hertz SPL Show 8's

2 Audison Voce Quattro's2 DC Audio M2 Level 5 12'sDC Audio 12.0KKnuKonceptz Wiring4 XS Power D3100'sDC Power 390XPSecond Skin Damplifier Pro and Dynamat Xtreme

Esy3YgK.jpg

X2...... I think a lot of these noobs or youngsters think I'm goin to do 4 -18s with 20000 watts all I need is the subs and amps. And they have no concept what it takes to run that power let alone 2000 watts. Op I've spent thousands on my electrical... 3 alternators,triple bracket, vcm, mechman adj harness, multiple xs power 12v batterrys then switched to xs 14v batteries, 10 runs og front to back, custom bussbars , hundreds in 0g or 3/0 connectors alone.. all for2 m4s which are rated the same as a aq 3500.1 I've had multiple issue with my alts.. had irragi now I have mechman and it seems solved. why I don't know heat probably but I chalk it up to getting

loud.. point of the matter is that's before I even got to building the box etc for my system. Big isn't always the best.start off with quality equipment and work your way up...

Edited by dc98hoe

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

walling off a 4 door car with just 2 18s with the proper airspace is even a challenge.

factoring the cost of wood and time.........

when i saw that he wanted 4 18s, i knew this was bs to the fullest.

Just because your friend is doing a wall with just 1 18.....why just one?...doesnt mean you have to do 18s...

there are other sizes and quantities to choose from.

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

So if I shpuld take baby steps I should like re do my whole car? Like not to be a dick but should I just go with like a big trunk build but I don't like the trunk because my seats don't go down. And I only have a limited space. No I can get a new car I already asked my dad he said no. :( but if I do go with the XLs in the wall should I just run two 1500 wrms amps?

Say $450 for alt. $ 350 for xs 3100 each $ 270 for battery under hood $200 for 0g connector fuse holders that multiple runs that's $1600 before amps and subs. Not including headunit mids and highs speakers and amps, deadener, box material etc $ 5k is the right number maybe less maybe more don't skimp on electrical though. I have over 10k in my hoe more like 15k after recones and repairs

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Multiple runs of 0awg means multiple 0 guage wires ran throughout the car. have you started to hit up the dc reps to see how much woofers cost? What I did was thought about what I want for a system. , then save from there until I have enough for it. It adds up real quick.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3