DC Sound Lab

Level fives or XL??

you can do the 2 18's in the wall and get a 3500 watt amp like an aq or a dc .5k. get the 270 amp alt, get a nice batt up front and 2 nice batts in the back. A "run" is a length of wire from the front to the back of the car.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 20 has no warranty, not sending a new guy to buy with it a warranty, its like a 16 year old driving without insurance

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Not to be a dick but its a lot of beginners that sant to go big at 1st with no idea what it takes to go big.. its like drag racing you want to drive a funny car on a street class budget and knowledge. Don't get me wrong I'm all for promoting the industry and I do so with advice at every show and on the forums etc. But when you install this and if it doesn't sound good and something blows please don't bad mouth the product etc. We all have said you don't have the electrical and probably no experience in wall building.. if you want to be loud you should be asking what box and what size subs etc.. 80% of getting loud is box my friend. So good luck to you. Be willing to learn and not so stuck on 18s are the biggest so must be the best.. there are a lot of people louder than me with 10s 12s and 15s and I do 155s

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Not to be a dick but its a lot of beginners that sant to go big at 1st with no idea what it takes to go big.. its like drag racing you want to drive a funny car on a street class budget and knowledge. Don't get me wrong I'm all for promoting the industry and I do so with advice at every show and on the forums etc. But when you install this and if it doesn't sound good and something blows please don't bad mouth the product etc. We all have said you don't have the electrical and probably no experience in wall building.. if you want to be loud you should be asking what box and what size subs etc.. 80% of getting loud is box my friend. So good luck to you. Be willing to learn and not so stuck on 18s are the biggest so must be the best.. there are a lot of people louder than me with 10s 12s and 15s and I do 155s

yeah. after reading all the post about the elecitrical and wall building and my car not lasting i think i am going to stick with a trunk build kinda like SoundStream Bil off of YouTube. he has 4 12's and it looks good. and is loud!