DC Sound Lab

Level fives or XL??

Op you need power to make power... 1 alt and big 3 isn't goin to do it. 2xls and 1- 7.5

If you have to point out to him that his electrical is quite insufficient, don't you think a DC 7.5k is a little much for him to try to put on a pair of XL's? :pardon:

But really, less subs, less amplifiers, more electrical.

Sorry didnt finish.. op do as many batterys as you can at least 3 - 3100s a good 270a alternator and multiple runs of 0g. I think 1 amp is easier to wire and 2 5ks is too much so 1 7.5 is perfect. I run 3k daily each to my xls off of 2 amps but I'm switching to 1 to see if I gain

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Op you need power to make power... 1 alt and big 3 isn't goin to do it. 2xls and 1- 7.5

If you have to point out to him that his electrical is quite insufficient, don't you think a DC 7.5k is a little much for him to try to put on a pair of XL's? :pardon:

Sorry didnt finish.. op do as many batterys as you can at least 3 - 3100s a good 270a alternator and multiple runs of 0g. I think 1 amp is easier to wire and 2 5ks is too much so 1 7.5 is perfect. I run 3k daily each to my xls off of 2 amps but I'm switching to 1 to see if I gain

I never said I was getting a 7.5? I am getting one AQ 3500

Edited by Sid420

One 3500 should be fine for you then.. :-) good luck

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Im looking into walling my 4 door full size GMC sierra and with the correct cubes i need i cannot fit 4 18s in there (they will need somewhere near 24 cubes after displacements. when you get a port big enough to do at least 13 inches per cube it wont happen in that car. even when you run that power and shrink the box it wont work. there is not enough space to get all the subs forward and the port being big enough. then that big of a port will be displacing at least 6-7 cubes from the box then each sub is .26 so atleast 8 cubes displacement excluding bracing you will need. also itll have to be minimum 3 layers think.

I just dont see it happening honestly theres just no room.

2 18s yes 4 not likely

JonSig1_zpsaea3e8d2.gif

Contact us for the best quality cables and accessories with the fastest shipping in the industry

EMAIL: [email protected]<script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

LIKE US ON FB: https://www.facebook.com/SkyHighCarAudio

ADD ME ON FB: https://www.facebook.com/jon.rabe.1

MONSTER SKY HIGH/DC GMC: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/127057-sky-high-monster-gmc-walk-through-12-lvl-5-15s-6-9ks-trim-panels-and-wiring-p-90/

HAHAHAHAHAHAH this is to funny it went from 4 to 8 2200 to 4 3500 to 1 3500

the car still wont last a year lmao

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

shit i dont give it 3 months if the kid even does the shit hes talking about

excatly what i thought when i saw this :lol:

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

why not 4 lvl 5s on 4 aq 3500s? that would work out nicely..

and that saves a ton of $... compared to 8 amps..

you dont have to run stupid power to the subs to get loud, i ran 1 7k to 3 lvl 5s and

was pulling 55s on music at the head....

4 3500 isn't that a bit much why not just four 2200?

4 x 3500 = 14000

8 x 2200 = 17600

Why not 2 AQ 20 = 16000 golden middle

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley