• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

doesnt matter either way lol. already bought the first of the tvs

congrats bro :drinks: hope you enjoy it and sorry for the threadjack.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

doesnt matter either way lol. already bought the first of the tvs

congrats bro :drinks: hope you enjoy it and sorry for the threadjack.

not a problem you gave your opinion and i value it

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

I have owned Sharp Aquos and Sony Bravia TVs, and can highly recommend either brand. LCDs are great screens, and won't burn in under almost any circumstance, while plasmas have insane contrast and reproduce black very well. As mentioned earlier though, they do have the potential to burn in. Only other thing is, many LCDs are LED-backlit, meaning their backlights are very energy-efficient and will last a hell of a lot longer than traditional cold cathodes. As far as *I* know, LED-LCD screens have plasmas very well beat in life expectancy.

On a side note, I think the 120/240Hz displays are a bunch of horseshit. 60Hz have served me well...

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

120/240 to my knowledge is bull. for a couple of reasons.

1. the human eye can only see 120 frames per second.

2. everything at the current point in time is broadcast in 60hz. the TV improvises the other 60 to make the 120.

if anybody has a newer samsung tv, you ever notice up in the top left corner when you switch to cable it always says 60 hz?

now i say to my knowledge because this is what i've heard. there is likely a lot more to this than what appears on the surface.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

120/240 to my knowledge is bull. for a couple of reasons.

1. the human eye can only see 120 frames per second.

2. everything at the current point in time is broadcast in 60hz. the TV improvises the other 60 to make the 120.

if anybody has a newer samsung tv, you ever notice up in the top left corner when you switch to cable it always says 60 hz?

now i say to my knowledge because this is what i've heard. there is likely a lot more to this than what appears on the surface.

mine does. and honestly i couldnt really see the difference from 60 to 120hz lol

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

I have notices the difference from both 60 and 120 on tv sets side by side with the same movie on, motion on a 60hz looks choppy when next to a 120, seeing 120 kinda trips me out cause im so used to 60hz. 120 can be good foe videogames, but i may be wrong. Im not tv guru or anything

Hahah damn cody

She ain't that sexy. I wouldn't even let her blow me. Those 10 pounds of make up would end up all over my crotch.

you dont find dubstep, dubstep finds you

hu: Pioneer MVH - P8300BT

mids: Alpine sps-600 all four corners

highs: Addictive Audio ECST25A,Memphis PR tweeters back

sub: 15 inch crossfire bmf

box: 4 cubes at 38 hz

amp: Rockford Fosgate Power 1000 25 To Life

140.7 on a non sealed trunk car with a five channel so far (old sub audiobahn aw1505q)

Build Log

http://www.stevemead...ima-56k-beware/

Feedback

http://www.stevemead...s-bfd-feedback/

I have notices the difference from both 60 and 120 on tv sets side by side with the same movie on, motion on a 60hz looks choppy when next to a 120, seeing 120 kinda trips me out cause im so used to 60hz. 120 can be good foe videogames, but i may be wrong. Im not tv guru or anything

When gaming, I like NO post processing. This includes 120 hz. All the processing increases input lag. Meaning the amount of time from when a signal is sent from a source to the television takes longer. In some genres this isn't that big of a deal. To some people this isn't a big deal. But for me, playing racing and FPS isn't an enjoyable experience.

It's even worse if you want to use it as a computer monitor.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

movies you see in the theater are 24 hz, that's what you're so used to. the slowed frame rate gives movies the dramatic feel, otherwise it's like watching some cheesy home movie.

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.