Sonic Electronix

blew my amp could it be from power distribution box?

Ive never had a problem with a system until i bought my Crown Vic Police interceptor a few months ago.. i just recently bought 2 fi Btl N2 15s, and built a box for them. i had my rockford t4000.1 powering them with 2 xs power d3100s and a 220 amp HO alt. The thing is when i would turn it up it would cut out.. now it wouldnt always cut out, sometimes i got lucky and it would play for a minute at full tilt. I tried everything to fix it, from doing a new ground right to the frame to pulling all wires and everything out to double check..i thought maybe it was the 3100s doing it, so i disconnected them and just had my main front battery hooked up, and thats when my amp fried..

Could this be something to do with Fords power distribution box? or voltage regulator or something? I would love to know why this happened.. ill post some pics of what im talking about..

ALSO it got to the point were it just went from cutting out to where my back fuse between the battery and the amp would blow, i replaced it, and it blew again, i replaced it one more time and my amp went into protect and made a nasty noise..

Edited by homiewes

My youtube channel, please subscribe
http://www.youtube.com/ballinblaza

Head unit?

Rcas to b exact

I had a problem with a bad output from my headuit that cut out the music like a skipping cd but i never fried an amp. Just a thought to check while your diagnosing the problem

Edited by jakobebassbudds

2 12ks and i dont know what to do

build in the works!

Did you have the big three done? Did you run your wire from the front battery to the back batteries? What size wire was used?

nah i never got around to doing the big 3.. all 1/0 guage wires, and i had a positive from the front battery to the back batteries with the correct fuses in between. i never ran a ground from front battery to back battery though.

In4pics

Now, answer me this. What does this distro block have to do with your system?

well as you can see, the front battery connects to the distro block.. where as the batteries in the trunk do not connect to it, they just connect to the front battery through a positive. im not familiar with the distro block so im wondering whats going on..

Head unit?

Rcas to b exact

I had a problem with a bad output from my headuit that cut out the music like a skipping cd but i never fried an amp. Just a thought to check while your diagnosing the problem

im running a decent alpine deck, and for RCAs i got a new pair that i have never used up until i did this install, and that was the next thing on my list to try and put my old ones back in, but my amp fried before i got the chance.

I dont see where your back cable is hooking to the front. If you connected it to that little dinky terminal that would be a big mistake........ If you hooked your wire up through the dist. box then it would have been a bigger mistake. Not doing the big three could have been very helpful as well......