carputer help

bignickk

so i bought a car pc off ebay. only problem i have to swap power supplies. now i have a epia-sp mother board (guess thats the name) nd a m1 atx 90 watt power supply. im having trouble with where the new wires go. most wires line up perfectly but some idk where they go. and it seems that i cant hook up the CD drive and Hd. (i can only hook up 1) the old set of cords were dasey chained to the cd and hd but the new wires only have one set of cables to use. if anyone can help that would be great. it just seems to confusing to help over the computer so i might end up taking it to someone.

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

infinity and kicker mids/highs

KHC1400 in back, stock upfront

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

cea2c00a.jpgd3f15819.jpgad6027b5.jpg37c6be41.jpg55b7d38a.jpg46c87b85.jpgd3a65437.jpg71250116.jpg the last pic is of the old connector (top) and the new connector. see how the plugs are diffrent Edited by bignickk

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

cea2c00a.jpg

This is the power switch cable. This connects from the power supply to the motherboard power switch connector.

link to motherboard manual print this out to find the proper header this connects to. On the power supply, connect it to the header marked J8 Switch. If you try to power it on and it's no-go, reverse the polarity and try again. Remember that the power supply needs 3 connections for power, Battery, Ignition, and Ground. It's a smart power supply so I really recommend you get the manual from Mini-box.com to learn how to set it up. You can program a delay in it so it will wait x amount of seconds before shutting down after you turn your ignition off.

d3f15819.jpg

Front panel audio. Disregard these. The top one may be firewire, safe to disregard

ad6027b5.jpg

Looks like CDROM audio. Safe to disregard since XP and Windows 7 don't even use analog audio to play Audio CDs. It's possible you will have to tell windows in the sound driver to accept digital audio directly...

37c6be41.jpg55b7d38a.jpg46c87b85.jpgd3a65437.jpg71250116.jpg the last pic is of the old connector (top) and the new connector. see how the plugs are diffrent

Yeah, you can use the old power supply cable. The new cable only has one mini molex and two regular 4 pin molex connectors. The old one seems to have only mini (floppy power) connectors. You won't hurt anything using the old cable.

I have enough experience with the VIA motherboards (Your EPIA SP is a VIA brand mobo) to tell you it's not very powerful at all and if you try to put Windows XP on it with service pack 3 it will cry mercy. This motherboard is much better for what you want to do, will run Win7 easy and does much better with Centrafuse (a good car gui that runs on windows). It will go right in place of the VIA board, and work with the same Power supply. You will need a 1 gig stick for it which will run you less than half of a 1 gig stick that will actually work with the via board.

Just trying to save you some hassle, bro.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

• 2 weeks later...

wow cant belive i havent seen this yet lol. i sent the computer to my friend and he hooked it up. now i guess i will need to get a new mobo since more then one person said the one i have sucks lol. at least the case/power supply only cost 70$ lol

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas