Second Skin Audio

kicker upgrade...?

What kind of enclosure are you currently running?

Upgrading subs only makes sense if you have already built a custom enclosure for the ones you have now. If you have them in a prefab box, it will sound like switching subs if you change the box.

He has to build a new box, the L3's are square. Comps are round.

We can't answer this questions without more information.

Power? Music preference? Vehicle?

you should get some lvl 3 dc 12's instead =]

Where did he mention he wanted DC woofers?

OP, it will largely depend on the enclosure and amount of power you have to either setup.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

He has to build a new box, the L3's are square. Comps are round.

We can't answer this questions without more information.

Power? Music preference? Vehicle?

its a basic generic enclosure the shop had laying around that fit the subs. they are being powered by a kicker dx500.1 which I know I will also need to upgrade or add a 2nd one.

I listen to electronic music only(bassline, drum n bass, electro, garage, speed garage).

the vehicle is an astro van.

if you currently have you comps in a little prefab now, it might be a better investment to build a better enclosure. that can usually help quite a bit.

however if you really want to upgrade to the L3, hypothetically speaking anyways, the L3's might be a little bit louder because of the increased cone area. i could't tell you exactly how much you'd gain and how noticeable it would be though. i know somebody with a couple of L5 10's in his trunk, they're really loud and shake the sh*t out of everything, but it doesn't hit the low notes very well, and the sound quality isn't the best.

personally i'd make a $50 investment in a better enclosure, than $400+ in a pair of new woofers that you may only see small gains from.

but it's up to you.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Did you purchase a prefab box or did you have one built? i suggest if you had a prefab made to look into possibly building your own or having one built specifically for your speakers. You can pull alot out of subs just by upgrading the enclosure and many people don't know that.The two subs mentioned probably wont even be enough of a difference between the two.I know you were only considering the kickers but look around because you will be surprised at what you can get for less than the price of those kickers.Just a suggestion

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg