Second Skin Audio

DC Caliber 8" build

dccaliber.png

Here's the plans for my new box. 2 - 8" DC 4ohm subs single 4" port. net 2.0 cubes tuned to 33 htz.

The two piece's on the left will be cut out with a CNC Router. I could have the whole box cut on the CNC router but then I'd missing getting MDF boogers. And the middle opening is designed for the port to fit through and be supported. Also the tabs on the top and bottom are for attaching it to the top and bottom. Still have to figure out the bracing from the front to the back. I might double the face and the back instead.

Should be starting on it later in the week or first of next week.

I love my current setup but with this one I will have more useful storage and cargo space in the rear.

Current amp rack and false floor will remain the same.

Let me know what y'all think.

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

seems like that bracing is more work than it needs to be. lol... but it looks good non the less.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

Ain't no such this as overkill when it comes to bracing... Looks interesting, 2 cubes net seems a tad on the large side though, but I haven't personally used the DC 8.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

I'm going to put the 3rd one in the roof of my garage. And I might add some plexiglass to the back of the box later.

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
DC audio 2.0k

dc_audio.jpg

^^^^

I will supply more pics as the build progresses. I am in the design stages now. Still have to get my subs and material for the box. and I have to meet SPL1989 to make the trade. Our work schedules are not even close to the same. Might start on it this weekend. And I also have to work on my other car that's in my garage. Gotta find the wiring harness for the fuel injectors. It's in my garage some freaking where. LOL. but trust me there will be build pics. and I might cut the brace myself as I also have access to a d - size plotter and can print it out to scale. I have to pay the guy to make the CNC brace. and if I wanted to I could have the entire box cut out by the CNC but there is a lot of material that will be scraped cause of the way the table is setup. it takes a 4x8 sheet and makes it a 3x7 sheet.

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
DC audio 2.0k

dc_audio.jpg