Sundown Audio

SA-8 v.2 Prototype Completed

ill be getting a couple for sure..

still loving the old style 8.. but this is gonna be a killer

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

That may be the sexiest woofer I've ever seen. So tiny, yet so potent... Mi gusta

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Sick looking sub fersure :)

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

Pricing is coming out a bit higher than expected due to the amount of aluminum in the frame, the large internal aluminum shorting ring, extra steel in the motor, added labor to assemble, and the doubled leads -- but I didn't want to make any compromises so it is what it is!

I wanted to keep it around ~150 MAP but it looks like it will be $185 MAP (same as an SA-10) -- of course we have to keep in mind there is really nothing else like this on the market to compare to price-wise. I have NOT added a penny to the price to cover what I paid in tooling -- I am pricing ONLY on cost to produce per unit so this is the best price I could possibly offer on this driver. I think when we see one of these standing next to an SA-8 v.1 it will pretty much explain itself visually.

So -- that being said I will likely produce an SD-2 8" to fill in the large price gap from the E8v.2 ($89) to this guy ($185)... so I'll start development on the SD-2 model soon to come in around the pricing level of the SA-8 v.1 as we know it today so we'll have a full spectrum depending on budget.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

I have the pre-breakin specs as well -- they need a nice break-in period to get the more settled in specs. The Fs and Qts will drop as usual. Take note especially of how low the Le is now... this will extend the top-end response and reduce inductive distortion significantly from prior models.

D2 Specs:

SA-8%20v.2%20%28Rev.%202%29%20dual%202%20ohm.JPG

D4 Specs:

SA-8%20v.2%20%28Rev.%202%29%20dual%204%20ohm.JPG

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg

These will go through rigorous testing before approval for production. I am hoping we got it right the first time -- but if I am not 100% satisfied I will make more tweaks before doing full production. Stay tuned !

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg