Sonic Electronix

So what the best 2 amp or only one big ?

I think I will get a second 1200d

i'd say sell your 1200d and get the 2200. that puts you at a little under double the subs RMS. but i mean it's kind of one of those things where if you have to ask, don't risk it.

a while back that statement didn't really make sense to me, because i was thinking well how the hell am i supposed to learn if i can't ask?

but it really means, just gain some more experience. learn about how it all works so you're more confident in your work. if we just gave you all the answers now, you wouldn't learn a thing.

there's my little pep talk for ya.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

i'd say sell your 1200d and get the 2200. that puts you at a little under double the subs RMS. but i mean it's kind of one of those things where if you have to ask, don't risk it.

a while back that statement didn't really make sense to me, because i was thinking well how the hell am i supposed to learn if i can't ask?

but it really means, just gain some more experience. learn about how it all works so you're more confident in your work. if we just gave you all the answers now, you wouldn't learn a thing.

there's my little pep talk for ya.

x2

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

If you were to do that, you would have to wire at 4ohm, which is 2ohm per amp. The amp is rated for 800 or so at 2ohm, correct? 2x800 would be 1600wrms, which would only be a 400w improvement over your single AQ1200. Hardly worth the $250+ IMO. A AQ2200 would be much better as you could run it at 1ohm...

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

big 3 , new batterie ( normal one )

gonna need at least 1 bigger battery in the back, no matter which way you end up going

i remember reading somewhere that if you have a normal (like stock) battery up front and you get a beefier, say, xs power battery for the back, then the stock battery up front could possibly bring down the the beefier one to it's level.

i think upgrading the batt under your hood is a minimum for running that power. i'm no expert but i'd say D3100, maybe?

also i noticed you made no mention of setting your gains properly. you will NEED to do this if you're going to overpower your woofers.

but all this aside i still stand behind what i said earlier about getting more experience before you attempt this.

out of curiosity, what's your box tuned to?

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

in the proper box you could either:

1) add a second AQ1200d

or

2) upgrade to an AQ 2200d

^^ this guy knows what he's talking about. I have mine running off of a hifonics bxi500 @ 0.5 ohm and they're laughing at that power. But giving them more than rated power, you got to be sure the signals are clean (no clipp'n)

My Build Log- T E A M S U N D O W N A U D I O -

2013 DbDrag WF SS1-2 - 5th Place 154.6db

2013 MECA Mod3 CA State Final Champ 153.4db