What kind of food do you feed your dogs?

Well I just recently was given a puppy(10 weeks old / I think its a boxer mix).

I have been doing research on what food to get and I came across a website that had a bunch of information on different dog foods.

I was going to just buy some Purina Puppy Chow over at Walmart until I saw how bad it was. Looks like alot of the big name brand foods for dog are not very healthy for our pets. Its funny now to look at dog food after reading on this site. Alot of dog food like "puppy chow" is mainly made from Corn and other Grains. The ideal kind of food for dogs should hopefully have actual meats in the food. So when looking at dog food ingredients look at the first few ingredients. From what I understand the first 4-5 ingredients take up the majority of food. So if the food starts with "corn, wheat, or other grains" its really not to beneficial to our dogs. I am starting to try to look for food that has at least have some kind of meat in the first 2 ingredients. Well I hope this helps all of you guys out!

Take a look at the link below and see how you dogs food ranks.

Link:

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/

So what kind of Dog Food do you feed your dog?

How much daily?

Currently I am feeding my dog NutriSource Dog Food (Small and Medium Breed Puppy Chicken and Rice).

The price isn't too bad for a 4-star quality dog food.

I feed my dog 2 cups a day (one around lunch and one around dinner time).

Edit:

I found a link that breaks down most dog food by prices/pounds/formula.

Its pretty cool if you are pricing around for dog food.

Link to prices comparisons:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmNw5KB82-n_dGtyOEpVVXhPQ2tfeU1FUGdEdjVnTkE&hl=en#gid=0

Edited by porksoda

Try to avoid corn as it isnt as filling and beneficial as meat. When looking at the label as well it may say it contains beef but they only need to have 3% beef in it to say that it has a beef flavor. When looking @ dog food try to find a bag that says Chicken and rice DINNER or ENTREE. In order for them to put dinner or entree it has to have 70% of total makeup of chicken and rice more of the first ingredient than the second.

Thats a few things i remember when i got my puppy.

I use the same food as you too. Its a good choice

WHOOO i feed my dog 5star ***** food!!!

Nothing but the best for my buddy

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Started my Pitt on eukanuba but decided to move to Taste of The Wild. No fillers and all natural for the same price as the eukanuba which contains beet pulp and a bunch of other controversial items, not to mention it was going from a 2 star food to a 6 star food. Not to be gross but switching to totw made his stool firm up alot which makes it easier to clean up if he happens to have an accident in the house. Highly recommend taste of the wild.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Canidae....it's about a dollar a pound, but the dogs eat less of it and it's better for them. first 3 ingredients are meat

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

i fed my bloodhound Blue Buffalo life protection dog food because when he was a puppy he would barely eat and he needed to "beef up" a little so the vet recommended it to us. it scored a 4 over all but its pretty expensive to feed a BIG dog it

around here for a 30 pound bag its like 56.00 after tax but its worth it in my eyes and he seems to really like it lol

i feed my dogs kibbles n bits milk cottage cheese and proteins

my dog is 8 months old and she weighs 45lbs lean 291815_168202509925402_100002069634596_354910_887262804_n.jpg

shes a lil wild thing so its hard to get a good photo of her lol shes all like oooh toy

Edited by 3Ltriste13

YEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ROCKFORDlogo.jpg

Innova!!!!

TEAM FLEX ISSUES, TEAM DC AUDIO

2010 California State Finals Champion MECA AS2

2011 California State Champion Meca S2

2011 California State Record holder Meca S2

2012 Meca Mod 4 class 152.5 and rising