what do you do for a living??

ok so I've always been curious what some people do on here to be able to have these sweet rides and huge stereo's. I am soon turning 23 and I'm wanting to figure out what to do with my life but I want to be making some sick cash so can have these toy's too. I want to thrive in life not just survive

so i know this is also a touchy subject so i respect if you wish not to participate in the salary part.

A.) I would like to know what you do

B.) what education you need

C.) what you job entails

D.) (optional) salary rounded up to nearest 5,000

ok here is me

operating room aid/tech

6 month course

helping out nurses and doctors, sterilizing equipment, and restocking the operating room

40k Canadian

I don't suspect alot of people to put in there salary but lets be honest it adds interest to the job lol

I can tell you right now what to switch to... Be a drug rep.

I'm an IT consultant (have been sales/field engineer, network manager, network administrator)

None, just tons of XP, I have 16 years professional XP and 18 total. I went to community college for 2 years and quit

Supporting client networks, systems, software, backups, disaster recovery, inventory, etc.

Pay is all over the place really and I'm not saying mine, but I will say that I paid for my system in cash (saving obviously). At your age I was making 52k and stressed out of my mind. I pay cash for any toy (also goes for home improvements, etc) I buy or I can't afford it, but that's me.

Now if you were to take the other side of the coin which is my wife...

Teacher/Instructor

4yr on up (she has 2 masters and is going for her phd atm)

Teaches middle school & community college

These jobs go by years+education and the max for education is masters + 20 which she is way beyond. This is all public knowledge so you can look it up.

She has tons and tons of education and I used to make more (up until 18 months ago). I switched to consulting which has way more potential, but I'm still working back up to where I was. If you want to be rich you need to either work for yourself, work in a commission based job (why I suggested drug rep) or get education out the ass as a general rule. Talking lifetime my current path can ensure that I make as much as she does, but generally speaking more education means more money the older you get. My one buddy consults and last I knew was doing around 50 hours a week at $100 an hour (that's IT). That isn't what I make, but hopefully I'll get there :P

The truth behind most of the shit you see is that people go crazy on credit through loans, credit cards, or the like. While I love CA some of the money that I see people spending when you can see glimpses into their lives kind of scares me. I'll go to a show and meet some mofo who can't afford anything more than McDonalds driving around with a 14k stereo in his beat up van or a guy with a 18k system who lives in a rented trailer... I just can't go that route, but I easily could have. Now that doesn't mean EVERYONE, just talking about some extreme examples I've seen. Just don't assume that a decked out ride and a killer stereo = rich.

Some people are out to enjoy their lives to the fullest (see above), others want to have a steady smooth ride (me), and others want to live planning for the worst. You just need to decide where you fit. Just remember that usually the people you meet that make the most also carry the most stress.

The guys I know that are rich either inherited it, climbed the corp ladder to VP, consult (freelance), or are Doc/Lawyers. :pardon:

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

I help make america fat.

No seriously, I run a printing press. Company i work for prints about 75% or more of the bags used by frito lay-usa.

So if you're munching on a bag of doritos, fritos, lays, grandma's cookies, etc, chances are I printed them.

Pay range rounded - 45k a year and climbing.

Next promotion should push me up well over 50k (if the position ever opens up).

I help make america fat.

No seriously, I run a printing press. Company i work for prints about 75% or more of the bags used by frito lay-usa.

So if you're munching on a bag of doritos, fritos, lays, grandma's cookies, etc, chances are I printed them.

I ran presses right out of HS (we had classes in HS that taught you to run them) which then turned me on to IT as the shops I worked at needed computer help. I loved printing, but the fumes... God it was bad especially the alcohol presses. I actually met alcoholics that didn't drink... These guys were fucked up. I'm sure your environment is different and this was in the early to mid 90's.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Im an offshore diesel mechanic

I graduated highschool and got on job training and pay while training.

Im responsible for repairs, overhauls, and rebuilds on engines from wartsila to MaK

I make about $8 0,000 a year after taxes and im 21 years old been working for a lil over 2 years

The number 8 0 shows up as a question mark?

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

I sell my ass at the truck stop. I'm getting older so sales are down lol

I'm a construction crew foreman and electrician by trade

Been doing it since 12. My dad is a general contractor

Highschool grad, hvac trade school and hands on..

Pay varies 3-5k a month depending on work

Goin to join the electrical union here shortly and should jump up in pay to 60-80k a year or more

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Custome installer and fabricator

8+ years

Self-taught....then later attended CCA trade school.

$42k last year

svc2.png

ttf.png

2006 Dodge Charger

(2) Kinetic 3800

(1) DC Power 270XP

(4) T1-12D4

(1) T2500BDCP

(2) T400.4

7.5 cubic ft.

(2) 6 in ports thru the rear deck

(2) T165.2

(2) T169.3

I help make america fat.

I work at Frito Lay...

I love the mess ups you guys do from time to time printing the bag halfway on lol.

I am a Route sales representative

I have a BA in Marketing, i got that after i started at FRITO

I hate my job so i wont be moving up in the company by choice.

eDIT: now that i think about it that would be the packaging fault for cutting them wrong... lol.

Archived