Sonic Electronix

My Torres' box calculator or my computer is not getting the figures right.Each time I put the measurements in they are different.These measurements are the Torres' box calculator has given me plus my figures.I have also included the van specks if needed. Please help.

Box height 38"

Box width 45"

Box depth 21"

Sub displacement .88ft3

Bracing displacement 1.2ft3

Gross volume 17.92ft3 (my figures 20.78ft3)

Net volume 14.21ft3 (my figures after displacements 17.21ft3)

Port volume 2.15ft3

Port area per cubic ft 12.24in2

Port area 174in2

Port range 171-227in2

Tuning freq 35.20Hz

Port height 4"

Port width 43.5"

Port depth 15.75"

Physical port length 15"

Van interior gross ft3 338ft3

Van net volume 246ft3 (after seats,wheel wells,dash,sub box and misc. are taken out)

Cone area 759.88in2

I have been reading Car Stereo Cookbook and the SMD forums.Trying to learn the best ways to do this.All I have done is get totally lost as to which or what is the best way is.I am unable to figure out the port volume or displacement.What is my actual port figures?I want to tune in the 35Hz range.The system I'm building is 8 12" hifi12d4s running off of 2 DD cm1's.6 6.5" Planet Audio components and 2 Fosgate 8" subs.What dose the sub cone area displacement really have to do with the interior volume.Please help do this right and learn what really is important for everyday use.I know some of this my be overkill but wanting to learn how all this really works.Any help will be greatly appreciated.1320404276.jpg[/img]I can't figure out how to post the box pics from photo bucket.

Edited by dog24fret

That shit looks crazy.

Pioneer deh-8300UB

6- Image Dynamics CSX6.5v2

4-Image Dynamics XS-28 tweeters

4-Sundown Audio sa8v2's

1-Sundown Audio SAX-200.4

1-Sundown Audio SAX-1200d

1-Mechman 270a alternator

1-XS Power D3400 under hood

Second Skin Damplifier Pro Deadener

Kicker & Knukoncept 1/0 wiring

Big 3 upgrade

I really could use some help on this.Will someone walk me through how to put pics in here.

upload your pics to photobucket..Copy the IMG code. and past the code into the insert image button on the add reply section of this forum, its next to a big yellow smiley face lol

My youtube channel, please subscribe
http://www.youtube.com/ballinblaza

Can you upload a snapshot of your Torres? I'd like to see what all you are filling in.

My Torres' will not let my save or copy. Each time I try it erases and closes. I've tried deleting it and reinstalling it 3 times to no avail. At one point it gave me a gross volume of 10.745ft3 after putting in 38"h-45"w-21"d. The port would change also my inside measurements are 4"h-43.5"w. To 45"w on the cut sheet. When I wrote the book I tried to write everything down just like it was on the calculator. If that helps any I'm hoping this explains it a little better cause I know I don't explain things very well.

I really could use some help on this.Will someone walk me through how to put pics in here.

upload your pics to photobucket..Copy the IMG code. and past the code into the insert image button on the add reply section of this forum, its next to a big yellow smiley face lol

Ok thanks. It's the insert Link button next to the big smiley. That's the only thing I see on my iPad screen.