totaled my car, airbag question.

With a salvage title the car will have zero resale value, just keep that in mind.

Wrong, the loan value of a salvage auto is 80%, meaning it does have some resale value, just not the same as a clear title.

You would be surprised how many cars out there are salvage title.

A lot of times, it may be minimal damage, but the insurance totals it out cause it cost more to fix than what they consider it to be worth.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/2011/06/03/5-reasons-to-avoid-salvage-title-cars/

"Most salvage title cars are priced at least 5% below market, which seems like a good deal. But in most cases the true value is much, much less. Consumer Reports calculates that a salvage-title car is worth 50% of its Kelley Blue Book value, at best."

If one has any intention of selling the car someday, then it never makes sense to buy it back with a salvage title.

With a salvage title the car will have zero resale value, just keep that in mind.

Wrong, the loan value of a salvage auto is 80%, meaning it does have some resale value, just not the same as a clear title.

You would be surprised how many cars out there are salvage title.

A lot of times, it may be minimal damage, but the insurance totals it out cause it cost more to fix than what they consider it to be worth.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/2011/06/03/5-reasons-to-avoid-salvage-title-cars/

"Most salvage title cars are priced at least 5% below market, which seems like a good deal. But in most cases the true value is much, much less. Consumer Reports calculates that a salvage-title car is worth 50% of its Kelley Blue Book value, at best."

If one has any intention of selling the car someday, then it never makes sense to buy it back with a salvage title.

No offense, but there is a fairly large difference between what articles like that say, and real life.

Resale value is lower. Oftentimes much lower. But there is still a lot of money to be made buying and selling salvage title cars as long as you have mechanical know how.

I personally know several people that do so.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

im pretty sure the resale value wasnt as high as his personal obsession with it. Rogers been fighting this thing off for quite a while. He aint no quitter. Hope you got a pick and pull close by

You sir hit the nail right on the head... lets just say this saturn was worth $2,600 when i hit the deer... thats more than enough to rebuild a $700 car that is unique as ive made this one... plus its got a ridiculous system built in it and it has 2 days of run time on the new motor..lol

IMG_20111101_092228.jpg

pullin the header pannel back out to where its supposed to be.. its boogered up a little but it will do...

IMG_20111109_134024.jpg

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

What year is it? im gonna take a shot in the dark and say a mid 90's?

Straight from I-cars website, all the service and technical info

Technical Information: Airbag Parts Replacement Recommendations

1997 Saturn SC

PARTS THAT MUST BE REPLACED FOLLOWING DEPLOYMENT

* Airbag modules

* Sensing and diagnostic module

* Any damaged restraint system part

CAUTION: Restraint systems can be damaged in a collision. To help avoid injury and ensure that all parts in need of replacement are replaced:

Replace any seat belt system that was in use during a collision serious enough to deploy any automatic restraint device such as air bags and seat belt pretensioners. This not only includes seat belt systems in use by people of adult size, but seat belt systems used to secure child restraints, infant carriers and booster seats, including LATCH system and top tether anchorages.

Replace any seat belt system that has torn, worn, or damaged components. This not only includes adult seat belt systems, but built-in child restraints and LATCH system components, if any.

Replace any seat belt system if you observe the words "REPLACE" or "CAUTION", or if a yellow tag is visible. Do not replace a seat belt system if only the child seat caution label is visible.

Replace any seat belt system if you are doubtful about its condition. This not only includes adult seat belt systems, but built-in child restraints, LATCH system components, and any restraint system used to secure infant carriers, child restraints and booster seats.

Do NOT replace single seat belt system components in vehicles that have been in a collision as described above. Always replace the entire seat belt system with

the buckle, guide and retractor assembly, which includes the latch and webbing material.

After a minor collision where no automatic restraint device was deployed, seat belt system replacement may not be necessary, unless some of the parts are torn, worn, or otherwise damaged.

PARTS THAT MUST BE INSPECTED AND REPLACED IF DAMAGED

* Steering wheel, column, and column foam energy absorber

* Clock spring

* Knee bolsters and instrument panel mounting points

* Front seats

* Wiring harness and connectors

* Any restraint system part or wiring identified by diagnostic check

DISABLE PROCEDURE AND TIME (Always Check the Service Manual)

* Make sure vehicle wheels are pointing straight ahead.

* Turn ignition switch to LOCK and remove key.

* Remove airbag fuse from instrument panel fuse block.

* Remove connector lock and disconnect yellow 2-way connector near base of steering column for driver airbag.

* Remove upper trim panel, insulator, and connector lock and disconnect yellow 2-way connector for passenger airbag.

* No wait time if airbags are disconnected from deployment loop as listed above.

Print Version

Start New Search

The Airbag Parts Replacement Recommendations chart is designed as an aid to damage appraisal, and an initial guide to vehicle-specific airbag system repair after a deployment. The chart covers production vehicles sold in the United States. Because of the many changes that are occurring in airbag systems, there may be some exceptions to the chart. This chart is NOT intended to replace the service manual. A service manual is REQUIRED when making any airbag system repairs.

The only way to determine if an airbag system is working properly is to observe the airbag warning lamp on the instrument panel. When the key is switched ON, the airbag lamp should light for a few seconds. This is important because it indicates that the lamp is working. If after a few seconds the lamp goes out, the system is working properly. If the lamp stays lit, a problem exists.

The "Replace" and "Inspect" columns list parts that must be replaced and inspected following an airbag deployment. The parts in the "Replace" column must be replaced regardless of their condition. If airbag parts in the "Inspect" column are found to be damaged or faulty, replacement with new parts is generally the only option.

My F-150 Build (So Far)

2 DC L3 10's

Kenwood KDC-X794

(4) Selenium ST200 (Highs)

(2) RE X8 (Mids)

Sundown Sub/Mid/High Amps

Shuriken Batteries

Knu Wiring

My Feedback Thread

It was just a deer that hit right where the sensor is... so, sensors, module, and airbag need replaced

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

wait, hold on.

Unplug your batter overnight and then work on it. I dont know about saturns, but airbags in GM models will stay charged for 30 mins to a couple hours after the battery has been disconnected. some cars are 5 seconds, others are hours.

Just to be safe ;)

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D