The SMD DD-1 has a brother. His name is CC-1 (ninja pic2)

Not really understanding what it means to "calibrate crossover settings on an amp". A demo vid would be nice, in stupid-plain english for me please.

I'm with you. Everyone is stating they want one, but what exactly does it do? I have an idea, but I'm still not 100%.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Not really understanding what it means to "calibrate crossover settings on an amp". A demo vid would be nice, in stupid-plain english for me please.

I'm with you. Everyone is stating they want one, but what exactly does it do? I have an idea, but I'm still not 100%.

It is to set your crossovers on your amplifier(s).

Since the potentiometer used on the amplifiers for the crossover only give you an estimate of the frequency your setting your crossover at, this will allow you to set the crossover exactly instead of just turning it until you see 60hz, 80hz, 100hz, 120hz, or somewhere in between.

edit:

Meaning, if you want your subsonic filter to filter out everything 28hz and below, but the dial only goes from 10hz-50hz you would normally have to guess where 28hz is, and you are almost never correct (even if there would be a number 28 on your amplifier, the printing could be off enough to make a good difference).

Edited by Audiofanaticz

Love my DD1, definitely want one of these also !! :yahoo:

Kenwood KDC-BT33

Sundown Audio SAE-100.4  -  4 Crescendo Audio SC-650s     

Sundown Audio SCV-6000D  @  (.5 ohm)   -   2 DC Audio LVL5 M5 Elite 15s (d2)

6.45 ft Box ( Net ) tuned to 30 Hz  -   (  APM - 2  = 151.2 db  )

2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4WD

Brand X 390 Alternator - XS Power PSC30 

XS Power D3400  (front)  -  3 XS Power D3100s  (rear)

Knukoncepts Kolossus Flex 1/0  -  SMD Meters  -  SMD Fuse Holders

Sky High Copper Battery Terminals  -  Amp Lab RPMC v2 

SPL Cartel Bass Knob  -  Toolmaker Copper Amp Inputs                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Since the potentiometer used on the amplifiers for the crossover only give you an estimate of the frequency your setting your crossover at, this will allow you to set the crossover exactly instead of just turning it until you see 60hz, 80hz, 100hz, 120hz, or somewhere in between.

edit:

Meaning, if you want your subsonic filter to filter out everything 28hz and below, but the dial only goes from 10hz-50hz you would normally have to guess where 28hz is, and you are almost never correct (even if there would be a number 28 on your amplifier, the printing could be off enough to make a good difference).

So for your example, you play a 28hz test tone and adjust the crossover(subsonic) knob on the amp until the "calibrated" light illuminates.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

That's what I'm assuming on how it works. Hopefully there will be a demo video soon or Steve or tony can explain. I'm down to get one though.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

edit:

So for your example, you play a 28hz test tone and adjust the crossover(subsonic) knob on the amp until the "calibrated" light illuminates.

Ok, so a noob question here. Can't you play a 28hz tone and just turn the subsonic until it stops producing sound and then turn back until sound comes back?

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Its not a on off switch man.

You guys should read on how a xover works and what db per octave means.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz