The SMD DD-1 has a brother. His name is CC-1 (ninja pic2)

TIGHT!!!!!!!!

i love this sh--t man 1966 Ford Fairlane Pioneer prs 80, the big three, with 2 big azz agm batts, dual 270/200 amp alts , two 8'' mids and tweets in the kick( PPI phantom 600.2). two 10''s and tweets in the doors, two 10'' mids and tweets in the rear decK ( Lanar opti 500x2). 2 C2 Audio Threatcon 4 12s on a Crunch GP3000d. No crossover .

it works like this. You have a frequency dial on the side of the amp. It might have numbers and dots. 30 then a dot, then a 50, then a dot, then 65, then a dot......and then 125 and another dot. You want your frequency to be set to 85hz on your bass amp. Well good luck with that. If you are like me, you put it where you THINK 85 is. Until now. With this, you put the disc in. You play the 85hz track. You turn up the volume on the deck till you see the signal light illuminate...then turn the dial on the amp till the CC-1 shows you are calibrated. Done. Now you are set EXACTLY where you want to be. While it may not be a life and death situation, its still nice to know exactly where you are at. Now if i have MULTIPLE bass amps, it would, IMO be MUCH more critical to get the frequency settings matched up exactly. That goes double if you have two amps on one woofer or a bunch of subs in one chamber. I dont know about you but i want all my amps playing the EXACT same signal, not just "close". Close only counts in hand-grenades and horseshoes.

Which brings me to the next AWESOME feature of this unit. You hit a few buttons and the LED's start flashing like the Vegas Strip, indicating you are in "gain matching mode". This is for people with multiple subwoofer amplifiers, like me (8 amps, 4 subs)

From here, you find your reference amp. The one putting out the most power with least distortion (use an SMD-DD-1 to determine that). Then you probe that amp, lock in the settings and move to the next amp. Turn up the gains on the next amp until it lights up the CC-1, indicating it MATCHES the first reference amp. Keep doing that until you are done with your last amp and then you are good to go, fully in sync! You can do that with a DMM, but This thing isnt just measuring voltage, it is measuring DB off of the output signal. Tony can explain exactly why we did it that way, and i hope he jumps in soon because he (as well as Juan) are the main-brains behind the operation as you can imagine :D :D

This is just another item in a long list of devices we are trying to come out with in the coming years.

thanks for tuning in to this post and showing interest!! that is what motivates us to keep doing this and we are VERY excited about the future! :popcorn: :popcorn:

I thought your RF's did this already? Or am I thinking of something else? Isn't it fairly easy to gain match amps? And why would you have to worry about the xovers on the other amps that are your slaves? If you do a "master/slave" setup, don't the slave follow the master amp? Just curious, and maybe it would help others too...

I know the guy that designed that system on those Rockford amps you speak of. It's pretty sick :peepwall:

Awesome info Tony and Steve. I figured that's what it was gonna do when I first read about it. Thanks for confirming my suspicions. Any idea on a street date yet and maybe pricing. Btw Tony I find it funny that when I pulled the cover off my 4 chan and Mono to check out the guts on them your avatar was stamped on the board along with others and I was like well I guess I know who to thank for these now too. I wish I knew who the other avatars belong to though.

Car is 2010 Scion Tc

Currently in car

Deck- Sony XAV-60 in-dash mobile video system

Speakers- Rockford Punch 6.5in comps in the front and coax in the rear

Subs- 2 Gen 3 Rockford P3 12's dual 4 ohm

Amps- Rockford P1000-1bd and P400-4 Alpine Mrp-f300 is in for P400-4 which is out to service

Wiring- all rockford nuff said

Enclosure- Dual 12in custom box by SRQ

Battery- Optima Yellow top with big 3 done

Sound Damping- All Dynamat products 1-2 layers throughout with liner on top

rockford-fosgate-logo.gif

Link to my build log- http://down4sound.co...=newpost&t=5275

Link to my youtube- http://www.youtube.c...ser/Jville140db

MECP Advanced CEA # 110531

BassBox 6 Pro for Box Building/Re audio box calculator

If you can hear the passenger it aint loud enough!!!!!!!

QUOTE (MickyMcD @ Sep 25 2009, 07:25 PM) "My system has 30 speaker terminals, that means shits wanging doggggg....."<!--QuoteEnd--></div>

i like that this does more than one thing. looks promising

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Got multiple bass amps? Need to gain match? How about calibrating your crossover setting on the amp? Here is 2 more ninja pics. We have working models so you know some video's are coming soon. Give me a few days, maybe i can have a demonstration video up by this weekend :)

for now - the DD1 has a brother, the CC-1 and this thing is SICK, wait till i show you how it works :) .

im still waiting :popcorn:

Alpine CDA-9886Hertz Mille 3 ways active

Hertz SPL Show 8's

2 Audison Voce Quattro's2 DC Audio M2 Level 5 12'sDC Audio 12.0KKnuKonceptz Wiring4 XS Power D3100'sDC Power 390XPSecond Skin Damplifier Pro and Dynamat Xtreme

Esy3YgK.jpg

Awesome info Tony and Steve. I figured that's what it was gonna do when I first read about it. Thanks for confirming my suspicions. Any idea on a street date yet and maybe pricing. Btw Tony I find it funny that when I pulled the cover off my 4 chan and Mono to check out the guts on them your avatar was stamped on the board along with others and I was like well I guess I know who to thank for these now too. I wish I knew who the other avatars belong to though.

Haha that's awesome! Tell me which ones, I probably know who they are.