1995 Chevy Truck Build! THE HULK. Updates!!

Very nice build man coming along i have same style truck 1996 love it will be watching this build.

Thanks man!!

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Okay so I have been messing around on Torres. I put in the estimated displacement of the humps and bumps. And then the measurements of the actual box of what it will be when its built. Now when I put in the height number 2 on Torres nothing changes so i hope all this is still sorta correct. I read that the displacement of the SA-8's is .10 each. So that is .20 :clapping: Haha. Anyways here is what I have came up with.

Capture-11.jpg

The problem is the port area per foot. I want to get around 12. I'm not sure how to fix it. I put the .75 for hump and bump displacement in the bracing displacement. I hope that is where it goes. Anyways! Do you guys think i can still pull of the sa-8's ported? I want to tune at about 33 Hrtz. Does the calculator and displacement all sound right? Also, me and my dad were talking, he said it would be cool to have a sub on each side.. but then I wouldn't have room for the port length. It would look bitchin though! Anyways, please help me guys. Also, I want to give each sub one cubic foot.

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

no man, sorry to say but that looks too big for the sa-8's you dont really want them over what the recommendations say. i would go with a 1.25 cubic foot box ported and run 400 watts rms to each.

well thank god its to big and not to small lol. I can always go smaller! So the SA-8's will work then right? if I make the box smaller? Does that volume sound right? or does it seem like alot for my space? how come when i put in the length two on torres it doesn't change?! I want to make sure this all sounds good before i make it permanent!

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

nice! Keep at it! You won't be disappointed!

Thanks man! does it all sound good? volume wise?? I know it needs to be smaller but how does everything look? is torres telling me right

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

What calculator do I use?! this is what confuses me lol. Thats like one cube difference!

Capture-12.jpg

I couldn't fit the 54 inch width on the screen shot but it is there.

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

no man, sorry to say but that looks too big for the sa-8's you dont really want them over what the recommendations say. i would go with a 1.25 cubic foot box ported and run 400 watts rms to each.

well thank god its to big and not to small lol. I can always go smaller! So the SA-8's will work then right? if I make the box smaller? Does that volume sound right? or does it seem like alot for my space? how come when i put in the length two on torres it doesn't change?! I want to make sure this all sounds good before i make it permanent!

yes you have the room, but if it was me i would make 2 different boxes, one to go under each seat then you wouldn't have to worry about the tunnel. i think sundown said the 8's need bout .6 cubes each after displacement. and dont think this will be permanent, this hobby is all about changing until you get the best results.

Bring on the Rockfords!!

yes you have the room, but if it was me i would make 2 different boxes, one to go under each seat then you wouldn't have to worry about the tunnel. i think sundown said the 8's need bout .6 cubes each after displacement. and dont think this will be permanent, this hobby is all about changing until you get the best results.

haha well I mean before i start gluing. I'm gonna run them at 600-700 watts rms each so ill go with the .6 cubes. So I need 1.2 cubes after displacement. I am wondering though. what calculator do I use? and why are they so different? lol. thanks man! And i think imma stick with the 1 box. since it is already fiber glassed, should be pretty easy!

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

Archived