1995 Chevy Truck Build! THE HULK. Updates!!

You should have plenty f room for them like that. I have an 02' don't know how much of a difference they are from yours. But under my seat I had around 1 cube per side without doing the box over the hump. But it's looking good man keep it up.

Vehicle: 1995 Impala SSHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P4400BHMids And Highs: (still deciding)Batteries: 1 Deka Group 34

Time to make a race car.My Build Log: Solo X 12"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build/My Build Log: DC lvl 4 xl 15"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build-My Wall Build Log: 4 Lanzar 15's/ 3k+ RMShttp://www.stevemead...t-by-techforce/My Feedback:http://www.stevemead...1

You should have plenty f room for them like that. I have an 02' don't know how much of a difference they are from yours. But under my seat I had around 1 cube per side without doing the box over the hump. But it's looking good man keep it up.

Thanks man! Subs will be on passenger side, port out drivers side

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Man, you really need to relax. Don't let this run your life. I'm telling you from experience, while it's ok to ask, you're never gonna know until you get it built, and listen to it. It may not sound the best on your first try, it may sound out of this world, but you have to build it to find out. If you don't, you're never gonna get the experience building and you're gonna regret it. You'll start thinking that people are steering you the wrong way or something, cause you ask so many people.

Take it from me, just build it and see what's up! If there are tweeks that need to be made, you can then post up and say what's going on and people will look and say "ok this is what should be done different, or move the port, or extend or shorten the port, or whatever. But you need to build it first to get an idea. It's your first enclosure, you're not going to nail it the first time, it's almost a guarantee. All you're going to do is stress yourself out, and confuse yourself in asking so many people so many different questions!

Sorry I don't wanna sound mean, or unsupportive. That's not my intention by any means! You're doing great. You should feel like you are. What's the worst case if this box doesn't work out, you'll have to buy some more wood? You can salvage the fiberglass you made. Keep at it, get it done, listen to it, and then make changes when you do the second enclosure. I will pretty much promise you you'll have to make another one.

Keep it up, we're all behind you. It's a learning process and for your age (I'm sure you're getting tired of that line) you're doing a fantastic job. Be confident and push through! :drinks:

well either way you go dont use any more than the 400 rms sundown says. that goes for any sub, not until you know what you are doing, theres a reason the manufactures put those rating on there. and im just saying that the single boxes are easyer not that you have to do it. and the reason some calculators are dfferent is because som take out the dissplaceent of ports andwoofers and some use the acctual thickness of the wood, 1/2" mdf isnt really 1/2".

dont know what kind of MDF you use, 1/2, 5/8, and 3/4 have ALWAYS measured 1/2, 5/8, and 3/4 for me. :shrug:

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Man, you really need to relax. Don't let this run your life. I'm telling you from experience, while it's ok to ask, you're never gonna know until you get it built, and listen to it. It may not sound the best on your first try, it may sound out of this world, but you have to build it to find out. If you don't, you're never gonna get the experience building and you're gonna regret it. You'll start thinking that people are steering you the wrong way or something, cause you ask so many people.

Take it from me, just build it and see what's up! If there are tweeks that need to be made, you can then post up and say what's going on and people will look and say "ok this is what should be done different, or move the port, or extend or shorten the port, or whatever. But you need to build it first to get an idea. It's your first enclosure, you're not going to nail it the first time, it's almost a guarantee. All you're going to do is stress yourself out, and confuse yourself in asking so many people so many different questions!

Sorry I don't wanna sound mean, or unsupportive. That's not my intention by any means! You're doing great. You should feel like you are. What's the worst case if this box doesn't work out, you'll have to buy some more wood? You can salvage the fiberglass you made. Keep at it, get it done, listen to it, and then make changes when you do the second enclosure. I will pretty much promise you you'll have to make another one.

Keep it up, we're all behind you. It's a learning process and for your age (I'm sure you're getting tired of that line) you're doing a fantastic job. Be confident and push through! :drinks:

That made me feel a lot better! Haha. Thanks man! Yeah I'm just gonna build it and listen to it and then you guys can tell me what needs to be done! Thanks for all the support! I would wrote a longer eply but I'm on iPod ;)

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Ran into a snag. Didn't get very much done at all. Spent an hour or more racking my brain about how I am going to build with the seat latch there. I aske my uncle an the genius said remove the handle and put on a key ring and cable. You never see it but it still works. I asked him because he had the same truck with 2 12's under the seatsealed. I haven't heard many systems but what I have heard, his was the loudest. He sold that an got a 2004 duramax. No system in it :(

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

71fordranger told me that 700 watts rms to each sub is way to much. I was gonna use the bd1000. what is a safe amount for each sub? what do u recommend? Preferably Sundown or Fosgate.

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

I have an sa 12 recieving 500w clamped and it isn't moving at all and its 600w. My thoughts are that you can underpower a sub but you can always keep the gain low! Only problem is that i need to find a 1000w amp.

1983 Bmw 320i 5 speed 251000 miles on it

Sundown SA-12d2

Big 3

Optima 75-25

Jensen hlx600 150x4 amp

Hifonics BRZ-1200.1D for sub in a 1.7ft^3 ~33hz ported box

Pioneer USB stereo

Bass knob integrated into old fading switch (Sneaky)

Lowered on H&R sport springs with bilstein sport shocks (2" drop and handles like a dream)

Leave him be. He's just talking shit and laying on his bathroom floor listening to Dashboard Confessional. Let nature take it's course and pump this chick in the butt. Let her know who's boss.

True lol. Bd1000 turned down a bit. I'd rather have to much then not enough

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

Archived