1995 Chevy Truck Build! THE HULK. Updates!!

Hey SMD! This will be a thread on my audio install. The audio isn't the only thing that will go on here. I will put everything i do to the truck on here. I am 15 years old. Now before you say I am spoiled i want you all to know that I work EXTREMELY hard for what I have. Bucking Hay with my dad etc. I also saved for a truck since i was 2 and I couldn't pass this up. I knew I wanted a Chevy so this is what I got. First off. Here is what's going in and/or is in. Kenwood Excelon kdc-x395 head unit. (KICK ASS HEAD UNIT) Kenwood Kfc-p703 Components. (Awesome Speakers, Crisp Sound) Rockford Fosgate P3D412 12" P3's. Two of them will be installed. I don't have them yet but i am saving. Rockford Fosgate P1000-1bd 1000 watt amp. Truck will EVENTUALLY get sound deadened. Custom Sealed Box. First off! The truck!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/slayer.gif 106_0022.jpg 1995 Chevy K1500. 350 Throttle body. 5" Tuff Country suspension lift. K&N Cold Air Intake and Flow Masters. These are build pics from 1 month ago. Here is the stuff. 106_0071.jpg Before, The crappy Infinity Speakers. 106_0080.jpg Here are the Kenwood's! My dad helped me make some custom brackets to hold them. 106_0081.jpg You can see the sound deadner I put on the doors. I only got two sheets so 1 for each door. I got 0 gauge ran to a distribution block and then 4 gauge ran to the amps. Here is the wire. I also put in an inline fuse. 106_0072.jpg106_0082.jpg I had the Alpine amp and then My uncles friend gave me an Ultimate Audio 500 watt amp. Here is the sub before with the alpine. I still have the sub and box the same. The sub is an MTX Thunder 4000 10" 106_0066.jpg Here is both the amps and the crossovers. I will probably build an amp rack eventually. 106_0075.jpg Here is my engine bay. 106_0037.jpg I bought some Blue LED Light Strips from Autozone and a Blue Toggle Switch. 106_0011.jpg Here is the cab! LIT! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/foshizzle.gif 106_0016.jpg Now remember all of this above has taken place over a 6 month ish period. I have saved forever. Money sucks ): Thought I would throw this in! I build this center console out of fiberglass and wood. 108_0002.jpg Here is what was done today! Built a cardboard template out for the box. I hope this clears the P3's. Its hard to judge because I need to know the magnet size and cant find it. The bottom of the box will be fiber glassed! 108_0009.jpg The box goes around the seat belt holder things. 108_0010.jpg Got some 1/2" Ply Wood from Home Depot. I didn't want it heavy and MDF is damn expensive. The pieces will be so small i don't think they will flex and I am doubling the wood up on top because I want to flush mount the subs. 108_0011.jpg Borrowed my Grandpa's table saw and cut on the front. 108_0012.jpg I wasn't able to get much done today because my GREAT grandma passed away Thursday so my parents and I have been up to my Grandmas house planning funeral stuff all day. That took forever. Here is the Face. 108_0012.jpg I will tell you what, those angles to go around the seat belt thing are a bitch to figure out. Im excited to do this though! Now just because i'm 15 please don't go easy on me. I wan't to know what I did wrong, what I did good, Tips, Tricks, and what I can do different! I will have more to come tomorrow! Thanks for looking!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/jump.gif

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Better subs out there for cheaper. Keep shopping unless you're the type of person who likes showing off a brand name regardless of how good it really is.

Well i have just heard a lot of good about fosgate. i could get both the subs new for 300.

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Better subs out there for cheaper. Keep shopping unless you're the type of person who likes showing off a brand name regardless of how good it really is.

x2

sundown sa-12s

or skar 12s...

oh arent skar having a deal going on where they will build a custom box for you?

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

Here are the dimensions for the P3D412

34o3fjm.jpg

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

x2

sundown sa-12s

or skar 12s...

oh arent skar having a deal going on where they will build a custom box for you?

I agree with this post^ There subs seem to be good quality and the almost free custom built box is a major plus!

Here's a link to the deal they're having Skar Audio, Deal

x2

sundown sa-12s

or skar 12s...

DC Level 3's belong on this "bang for the buck" list!

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

Here are the dimensions for the P3D412

34o3fjm.jpg

Thanks man!! But i really need the magnet diameter! Could you find that?? Thanks!

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

Archived