Mechman Alternators

Sooo.. I got a gift and it's here

can this be fixed by changing the pully?

Edited by Bmike

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

am i going to have the same problem with my 2005 grand cherokee V6 3.7L?

CURRENT SYSTEM

(VEHICLE) 2005 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

(HEAD UNIT) KENWOOD KDC BT848U

(DASHBOARD) INFINITY KAPPA 32.9CF

(FRONT DOOR) JBL P693

(REAR DOOR) KENWOOD EXCELON KFC-X1730

(TWEETER) KICKER KS25 X 2

(SUB WOOFER) COMING SOON

(4 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T1000-4ADCP

(1 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T2500BDCP X 2

(PROCESSORS) AUDIOCONTROL DQXS & EPICENTER & MATRIX PLUS & DDC

(BATTERY) 1 OPTIMA YELLOW TOP

(SIGNAL WIRES) KICKER XI

(POWER CABLES) KICKER PKD1

(SPEAKER WIRE) KICKER 12 GAUGE

(INTERIOR) DYNAMAT

COMING SOON

2 FI SP4 18 COMING SOON

2 XS POWER XP3000 COMING SOON

DC POWER 270XP ALT COMING SOON

On some models it can, on this vehicle he already has the smallest recommended pulley.

Not that I am aware of at this time, but if your idle is too low it's a simple matter of using a flash programmer to raise the idle speed.

• 11 months later...

so if i got this exact alternator for me 2.4l camry, i would have to make adjustments to raise my engine rpms for the alternator to charge at the ~14volts?

thus losing mpg's just to have a better alternator?

Tim unfortunately I have yet to resolve my issue. I have found no way to adjust the throttle as stated a few posts above. I lost my job shortly after my last post and couldn't afford to pay a mechanic to remove the alternator, then pay to ship it and be without a car for however long it would take....then get it back and pay my mechanic to install it once again.

Even if there is a way to adjust the RPM it won't affect mileage much as even with continually revving the car at red lights I still get about 350 to 380 miles to the tank.

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

On some models it can, on this vehicle he already has the smallest recommended pulley.

Not that I am aware of at this time, but if your idle is too low it's a simple matter of using a flash programmer to raise the idle speed.

Can you guys find a company for me that does it for my car? I think it'd be a good gesture as I've looked and found nothing so far... thanks mechman

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

If you want to send the unit back we can de-tune it to a 240 amp spec. This would have a lower turn on speed, and would likely give you better voltage at idle.

The 240 amp stators where not available when you purchased this almost 2 years ago.

If you want to send the unit back we can de-tune it to a 240 amp spec. This would have a lower turn on speed, and would likely give you better voltage at idle.

The 240 amp stators where not available when you purchased this almost 2 years ago.

This was received less than one year ago .....

This image is from the shipping of the unit which wasn't even the correct unit:

YAY_alternator.jpg

Oh okay, well I need to get some monies AGAIN to get this unit uninstalled .. That offer is a great option because I was relying on my car during the Hurricane Sandy fiasco and I had no power for over a week... So I used a bit more gas charging up electronics in my vehicle... It was dipping into the 11's again if I didn't push down on the accelerator....

Edited by shogen

Oh, I must have misread that. It doesn't really matter though, as we didn't come out with the 240 amp option until 5 months ago. The 240's are not even in our paper catalog yet, but will be for 2013. I'm just throwing that out there as a possible solution for your problem if you can't get the idle speed bumped up.

Oh, I must have misread that. It doesn't really matter though, as we didn't come out with the 240 amp option until 5 months ago. The 240's are not even in our paper catalog yet, but will be for 2013. I'm just throwing that out there as a possible solution for your problem if you can't get the idle speed bumped up.

yes.... I'm hoping that it wouldn't come at a cost to me as I have a 270a unit .... Let me know Mr Mechman... I'll borrow some monies to get this unit uninstalled and shipped if so..... Thanks again