Sonic Electronix

Rockford Fosgate P3 shallow mounts review?

I've heard insane sealed setups

Ive made awesome shallow enclosures that sound great.

I've made probably 10 or so SA-8 boxes all tuned to different frequencies and can tell you the lows are insane.

But cone area still has some pull especially in a small area.

TeamDeadlyHertz-smokeumtires.png

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard insane sealed setups

Ive made awesome shallow enclosures that sound great.

I've made probably 10 or so SA-8 boxes all tuned to different frequencies and can tell you the lows are insane.

But cone area still has some pull especially in a small area.

So shallows aren't bad subs?

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

SA-8s require a ported box and a ton more airspace compared to shallows...

I say go with the shallows and keep your space.

They actually don't require very much. Jacob posted a thread in the Sundown section about the box being as small as 0.6 - 0.8 cft^3 @ 30-40hz and you can power them with up to 700w RMS I believe, but I've read multiple forums on other sites about 1.5cft^3 @ 29hz with 1,200w RMS pulling upwards of 150+ dB's on music. It says a sealed box is not recommended, but it can be utilized. Jacob also went into further detail about sealed boxes and said it would not go very low.

I have the same truck as you, twostrokeking. What I'm doing is putting the SA-8 in a 0.85cft^3 enclosure @ 33hz and building the box into the rear seat behind the driver. I think I'm going to false wall it or find some means of a locking mechanism to secure the sub, but that's after I mount another piece to attach to the baffle that will be welded to the floor of the truck :santa:

My best advice is to do a little research and see what else is out there. Rockford shallows are a "little" pricey and for the cost of one twelve, you could get two SA-8's and with correct porting and sufficient power, you can get loud and low. I can't wait till mine arrives, after it's all said and done I'll let you know how it goes! :drink40:

2001 Toyota Corolla CE:

4x Crescendo PWX6.5's

2x Crescendo FT1-SE's

1x DC Audio lvl 2 M1 8 (looking for more)

Slot port box 0.7ft^3 @ 31.77hz

Rockford Fosgate R750.1

1/0 Knu wiring all around

Looking for XS Power D1200

the SA-8s need arond .5 cubes and the p3S 12" needs about the same. they are identical in terms of wattage. both are 400 rms and just fyi< i wouldnt push over that for eather sub unless you know what you are doing. if it was my truck, i would do the SA-8s. do the subs just under were the side pasasngers sit and the port right dead middle. Porting a box isnt that comoplicanted. if you want, i can help you threw the prosses. that way you have some1 to ask questions to.

Bring on the Rockfords!!

the SA-8s need arond .5 cubes and the p3S 12" needs about the same. they are identical in terms of wattage. both are 400 rms and just fyi< i wouldnt push over that for eather sub unless you know what you are doing. if it was my truck, i would do the SA-8s. do the subs just under were the side pasasngers sit and the port right dead middle. Porting a box isnt that comoplicanted. if you want, i can help you threw the prosses. that way you have some1 to ask questions to.

okay cool man, could u look at my current build and tell me if u think i have room for the sa's and a aero port?

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

anyone? do i have room for the 2 sa-8's and a port?? also for my shape of box what kinda port do i need?

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

Archived