PICS OF YOUR LATEST PURCHASE

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, my house needs this. How much was it if you don't mind me asking?

Was on sale for $119.. Saved a whole $10.

They also make them for deadbolts too.

KwikSet makes some too, but they are special order at the store I bought it from apparently.

A lot of them and have rubber push buttons with printed numbers (similar to a tv remote or an old Nokia cell phone) and from looking at that style of the demo models at the store I could easily see the buttons that are being pressed from the wear marks, and some models only have 5 keys instead of the full 10 digit keypad because they put numbers 1 and 2 on one buttons, 3 and 4 on another and so on (so if your code was 1357 or 2468 you would push the same buttons which is just stupid)...

So my goal was to get one without those style keypads.

It claims the battery lasts for 2 years and has a 9volt battery backup, so I will see how it goes for a little while, then maybe replace my deadbolt on the same door, and then do the door handle and dead bolt on the front door.

Funny story, I actually locked myself out the other day which prompted me to buy it.

Never locked myself out before, never locked my keys in the car for that matter either.

The worst thing was waiting for my parents to come from the other side of town to bring my spare key.

So much time was wasted on the nicest day of the year thus far waiting to get my keys....

But I guess if I wasnt in a rush in the first place to take advantage of the nice weather it wouldnt of happened.

So what happens if both batteries die, Is there a way to still gain access?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived