PICS OF YOUR LATEST PURCHASE

That's the Steve Meade chevy

No its not. not even close. lol

People seem to forget about the amount of work done to his truck.

A simple stock truck with rims and red paint doesn't even come close.

I'm not trying to be like steve and best believe when I put a system together I'm coming to you for the box, lol

After 2 weeks of back and forth negotiations finally agreed on terms me and the wife liked and signed the rest of the papers and escrow officially closes Friday.....won't be doing anything Audio related for awhile

IMG_3770_zps67baceac.jpg

Dang, I wish we'd have held out for a 3 car garage like that. My truck wouldn't ever fit in the garage so it would be a shop for me. But I do have a shop in the back yard in the house I got. Nice looking house, congrats!
Thanks.....yeah that third car garage is definitely gonna be my shop,even has built ins and a work bench,can't wait to get it all setup

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

I absolutely love them way tube amps sound to me nothing rivals that sound.

What is that amp?

I want to get one.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ADR2DTG/ref=sr_ph_1?m=A2XY3SNST25IU1&ie=UTF8&qid=1437621488&sr=1&keywords=bravo+audio

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

shit, whats a box like that cost $1500?

It really depends on what is done.

That box has around 9 full sheets of MDF used, double layered around, 3 layer baffle, special corners for the radius of the exterior, 3rd interior layer for bracing and 45s all around, a metric ton of titebond3, 1.5 gallons of resin inside and out all sanded smooth, 5 coats of paint wet sanded between coats, and 3 coats of clear. iirc materials alone was pushing the $700 or $800 mark.

Okay I can get that, but I still think that it is a crutch for the circuit.

As for the Xonar card, I have a Xonar D1 and I love it. I use the Dolby Headphone processing option and it fixes a lot of the spatial distortion issues you get by using headphones. It does however run at a lower bitrate when using it.

I have a sansa fuse portable I flashed with rockbox firmware, does all sorts of cool shit now. One of the features lets each channel bleed a little into the other channel so it's not just a stark LEFT and RIGHT but the left channel has 20% of the right channel mixed in (or whatever you want) and vise versa. Can't find that feature anywhere else though, including in FooBar2000 :/

Love my Xonar DS. I wanna play with opamps but I haven't had the time.

2007 Pacifica

A little less "flashy" this time as there was no team decals put on, but picked up more materials to make some more boards for people.

D6F69094-8F31-4B46-8B6D-625E2B5F6FCE_zps

8C5C02A5-2A56-445E-9B12-9235476B3A40_zps

Really fun projects. Just wish the poly part didn't take so long to get so many coats on!

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

Picked up a 12AU7 tube on ebay for $8. This is an RCA clear top tube that came from an old church organ. Lets see if it's a little more airy and transparent than the cheap tube that came with my headphone amp.

$_57.JPG

2007 Pacifica

Archived