PICS OF YOUR LATEST PURCHASE

I enjoy the hell out of NYF, but it is really similar to a local drive ups house root beer that people in my area grew up on so we all love it lol

And do yourself a favor, make a root beer float with it and thank me later

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a couple more things yesterday. Forgot to take a picture of my other 7 glow plugs. I ordered what I thought was 8 the other day, but after further review, operator error occurred and I only ordered 1. So I got the other 7 yesterday to make 8. Also have one harness, but am still waiting on one more.

Then I got these too. Jasper Jig and a Rockford Fosgate Bluetooth adapter for the shop. Although, I forgot I had my Sure Electronics 4.0 bluetooth module until after I ordered this. I hooked that up in the shop, and it works great! But I'll probably throw this in there anyway, and save that for another project.

20160317_182949.jpg

a few of you already herd about this, but i closed the deal on it, and i got it for a steal... $450.

97 ford ranger

3.0l v6

136,xxx miles

bagged at all 4 corners

shaved handles with electronic pops on both doors and tailgate

20160318_162759_zps9yqj6zn8.jpg

20160318_162815_zpsi0clodse.jpg

20160318_162824_zpsbpsbalbc.jpg

20160318_162827_zps7pjnroew.jpg

20160318_162933_zps5v7ss7n3.jpg

the bad news is that whoever modified it couldnt weld too good. im going to grind and reweld eveything.

the frame wasnt notched properly. while the supports are there, the guy apparently didnt know how to use a tape measure. the drivers side notch is a little too far back and the frame ever so slightly touches the axle on the way down.

the drivers front bag works when it wants to. thinking either a valve is stuck, or a solenoid is bad in it.

the switches are cheap and almost broken. going to wire in a real switch box

while i like the shaved handle look, i cant stand electronic poppers. will be reverting back to door handles all the way around.

as for the paint, im thinking about a satin black with candy red scallops and cream pinstripe. toss that in with the set of gold spoke dayton 22s i have sitting and damn...

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

i think i never updated you guys on the C10

after i got the LS3 i text my buddy and told him i got the engine for it and sent him pictures of the engine.. minutes later he text me back about he is keeping the truck instead

you got it cheap.. just the 4 bags can be over $400 depending where you get them

not sure on where the parts came from, cant find any info on anything. its on the lift right now, going to get the drivers bag working tomorrow and see what it can do. also not sure if there is a pressure safety switch on the tanks, i looked and couldn't find one anywhere i shut the pump off when the tanks hit 150 psi. not sure how high its supposed to go, and the last thing i want to do is rupture a tank or a bag. it should be a fun project, and im in it cheap enough to be able to spend a little coin on it and not be upside down on it

edit for spelling

© crispy_chick3n inc

is the tank steel or aluminum? might want to replace that while at it.. they only recommend them for a few years

from the picture. the rear bags seem to be in good shape

ill have to put a magnet to them tomorrow to find out for sure. i left the truck aired up for a few hours tonite and i didnt see any sagging and the pressure didnt seem to move in any of the 3 corners that worked. gonna hit all the fittings with soapy water tomorrow to make sure there are no leaks. the setup doesnt look to be too old as far as the bags and lines go

© crispy_chick3n inc

check to see if it has check valves.. if it dont that can let air back in the compressor and escape through the filter. if the valves dont have back pressure they start leaking air back to the tank and back to the compressors and then the truck starts to sag.

Archived