PICS OF YOUR LATEST PURCHASE

Mobil 1 and amsoil are the top 2 as far as synthetics go.

Royal purple is garbage.

Autozone has 5 qts of Mobil 1 plus a Mobil 1 filter for $30 right now.

I personally run Mobil 1, I also change it every 2500 miles.

No one will ever convince me that oil is good for 10,000+ miles,

It's bullshit as far as I'm concerned.

I buy the 15k oil with a Bosch filter. I out 15k on it, I use about a quart across the 15k, usually add the extra qt at 10-12k. Oil comes out in visually good shape, and feels good when you rub it in your fingers. Not gritty at all. I like it. I trust it. I drive a fuck load so even at 15k I still only go about 4 months between changes

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Next time you change oil you should send a sample out for lab testing. 15k is a long way, and a lab could provide insight into whether your current oil change schedule is fine or not.

I've heard about those places that do that, do you have any suggestions as to a particular one? I was skeptical but my car has an oil quality monitor (not sure how it functions, but I do know it's not mileage based like some are) and the oil is marketed for 15k, probably putting more blind faith into than I should.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Next time you change oil you should send a sample out for lab testing. 15k is a long way, and a lab could provide insight into whether your current oil change schedule is fine or not.

I've heard about those places that do that, do you have any suggestions as to a particular one? I was skeptical but my car has an oil quality monitor (not sure how it functions, but I do know it's not mileage based like some are) and the oil is marketed for 15k, probably putting more blind faith into than I should.

Blackstone labs.

The oil is marketed for up too 15k depending on driving conditions.

They also tell you to still follow your manufacturers recommendations for oil changes while the vehicle is still under warranty because going 15k between oil changes will void your warranty.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I get my oil changed when the they send me an email telling me it's times

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Blackstone labs.

The oil is marketed for up too 15k depending on driving conditions.

They also tell you to still follow your manufacturers recommendations for oil changes while the vehicle is still under warranty because going 15k between oil changes will void your warranty.

I will look them up and see about sending in some oil my car is a 2006 so it is well out of warranty. And my driving is about 35 miles one way to work and in that 35 miles I only had to stop once so it's relatively easy driving on my vehicle but I will send some in some time and see what they have to say

Miles are really the worst way to measure lube intervals.

Most oil life indicators in cars use a measurement of engine load, run time, and actual revolution count to determine when to change oil. I'd settle for an hour meter, but only some 1 ton trucks have them as far as I know.

All that being said, I used mobil 1 exclusively starting at 80k on my old Impala, and did changes between 12-15k for the next 100k. Engine was fine, no ticking lifters, no rough starting, nothing wrong to be found on the bottom end at all. Then I totaled it :/

Glad I only did 7 changes instead of 33 like some of you suggest.

Edit: at average $40 for oil and a Bosch high cap filter, that's a little over a grand.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

i run 2-3 months per change. Usually around 4k miles. I idle a fuck load though. so 3500-4k is where I try to stay. Next friday I'm gonna get it changed again. Truck's lived 156k solely on motorcraft 5w20 and a motorcraft filter so it's gonna stay that way.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Picked this up used for a good deal, will arrive this week.

Q1-1200_sidetop__52446.1393693479.1280.1

about time you got a real amp :P

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Archived