PICS OF YOUR LATEST PURCHASE

6 hours ago, Mitchaford said:

4826b4234d4b4fbe8c7cb99c5bf71896.png 

Can't beat that price. Honestly not sure why they are selling this low but I no compain:)

Years ago my buddy bought a Davinci amp that was priced really low. It fully functioned except that the power would shut off at random times, even if nothing was playing. It might play for an hour or 10 seconds, it was just random. It would kick back on but obviously that's why it was so cheap but hard to argue technicals since how they worded it as powering up and having output. So I'm always skeptical of bargains like that if it's not very detailed.

So glad I gave ToolMakerMetalWorx a try. I was afraid to buy from him at first due to some bad reviews on SMD. My experience with them was the total opposite; ToolMaker shipped my item super fast.

My ToolMakerMetalWorx Copper Battery Terminals is like 10 times heavier than my SkyHighCarAudio Aluminum Terminals.

The quality on the ToolMaker is superb and I highly recommend them. P.S. I bought those terminals on sale!

toolmakermetalworx-battery-terminals-dua

toolmaker-battery-terminals.jpg

toolmaker-copper-6-lug-bolt-battery-termtoolmaker-dual-amp-inputs-purchase.png

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

11 hours ago, Mitchaford said:

4826b4234d4b4fbe8c7cb99c5bf71896.png 

Can't beat that price. Honestly not sure why they are selling this low but I no compain:)

Think I know why it was so cheap...

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/general-discussion/616765-important-information-those-who-own-thinking-buying-ct-sounds-products.html

On 2/5/2017 at 2:46 PM, strangeduck said:

time to do some testing an rebuilding. got 3 sheets of 3/4" and one of 1/2" for trim and bracing and whatever, plus some clamps and a new square and a new straight edge.

Also, picked up a new circular saw and router, router will be here this week.

@audiofanaticz figured you would appreciate the clamps lol

1BXwHAb.jpg

3gcPTw5.jpg

Those Irwin blue/grey clamps are so expensive here( I think like 50-60 bucks for the 36" one).....I stuck with the original black/blue ones.

13 hours ago, boomintahoe said:

I have a 2.2k and a 2500 *the older model black ones*. Everyone said they had vibration issue but I've yet to experience any of it. 

Also that post is from 2015. 

2008 VW Jetta

Team Fi 12 

CT 4000.1

CT 125.4

PWX 6.5

80 PRS

EB Flex 2/0

Second Skin

^^^ Build ^^^

13 hours ago, boomintahoe said:

Those Irwin blue/grey clamps are so expensive here( I think like 50-60 bucks for the 36" one).....I stuck with the original black/blue ones.

I just bough harbor freight this time. Deep home-o wanted 45 for the 36" like these . Time will tell if I made the right choice. These were like 12 bucks

13 hours ago, Mitchaford said:

I have a 2.2k and a 2500 *the older model black ones*. Everyone said they had vibration issue but I've yet to experience any of it. 

Also that post is from 2015. 

They may be referring to the shiny aluminum finish type amps, nowhere does it say the black amps were affected. So you may have lucked out.

So what if the post is from 2015. I'm willing to bet there's still some out there from that time period/era they dealers/other people are trying to sell. The one from Amazon that guy bought looks exactly like on the list in that link. It's a heads up. it's not for everybody, rather a warning. How do we know the ones floating out there in the world haven't been fixed? We don't.

13 hours ago, strangeduck said:

I just bough harbor freight this time. Deep home-o wanted 45 for the 36" like these . Time will tell if I made the right choice. These were like 12 bucks

We use the smaller ones at work and they get dropped, beat on, pretty much abused here and there is what sold me on that style/brand.

Someone had mentioned some at Harbor Freight Tools too for like 8-10 bucks which is pretty cheap. Almost too cheap. Like I want it to last longer than a few weeks cheap.

Archived