Second Skin Audio

Largest sub "Still in production"?

GreenSpade

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bigger isn't always better is what you dot realize. I wouldn't Waste money on a 24" that's shitty when the is 21" sub's are still huge as hell and will actually out perform the shitty 24". It's like buying vitamins; although there's 27 pills you take daily with that brand it doesn't make it any better than the one you only take 3 pills or the liquid you mix into a glass of water.

Not sure what 24" you're looking at, but the ias' are proven beast at 21" and I wouldnt get the other one if they aren't as proven just because "hai gais its bigger woahhh". There's also such thing as shitty/muddy sounding subs, so it's not worth the risk IMO.

Your looking at this totally wrong.

I have my sound quality covered already with 2x 1800watt 18'inch subwoofers that go down to 20hz, I have TWO of them. I really don't need more bass, as I have a retarded amount that I don't even use the max of already.

So picture a stage setup with a 18 on each side. A 15 with horn main on top of each one. And another 15 with horn on stands beside those.

Now picture a 32 inch sub in the middle, in front of the stage.

I agree that smaller subs give tighter bass, if I wanted more sound quality however I would be buying some dual 12's to go on each side to go with my 15s and 18s. I feel my sound quality is already getting to the point of retarded when I have to use a 7k watt genny to run one stage. (2x18subs@1800watts=3600)+(4x15Mains w/horns@500watts=2000)=5600 for speakers alone, monitor speakers, lasers, lights and additional gear ontop of that.

I'll put it to you this way, max volume on my dial would hurt someone haha.

What I'm looking for is more of a show sub and to just give a different type of bass note to the mix, the larger subs give lower bass then the smaller ones, thats why a 12 would be a good addition as well, cuz it gives a tight punchy hit that you don't get out of 15s or 18s. I assume a 34 would give a low end growl in proportion to the difference betwen a 18 and 15. A 18 is going to go lower and have more of a feel and lower end growl. Where a 15 is going to have more of a punchy hit and sound differently. I've heard 21s and they got some xtra low end growl that the 15s and 18s don't have, but they're not as punchy and "tight" of bass notes as the 18s and 15s, thats why I bought 18s, I found they where a great middle ground if you actually buy good 18s you can get 20hz or lower and thats about as good as it gets with a 21, so why not get a tighter bassnote?

Long story short: Sound quality not problem; Want flashy big sub that sounds different/lower lows to add to a system that already has lots of lows with 2x18s 4x15s

~~~I also have a crossover, not worryed about muddy sub since I can cut mud out.~~~

that 34" is fricken HUGE! almost 300 lbs? dayum! takes an engine hoist to move around....... if ur goin for that better get out the credit card! things prolly 8-15k for ONE speaker! can you imagine the box size? 15 cubic feet prolly more! put 2 of those in a car n see what happens lmao

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

Get a IA Death Penalty 21 and call it a day. :)

this, those things fucking SLAP in the right box

468x60drc.jpg

Archived