Second Skin Audio

Largest sub "Still in production"?

GreenSpade

i know what green spade is talking about. everyone here will bash about it. when you listen to a 18 vs a 10 on the same motor, take away tones and sweeps, youll hear a huge difference especially when you start listening to double bass drums at higher volumes. on 18s the bass drums start to blend together and end up sounding like a rumble as where the 10 would hit each note. just one noticeable difference.

Bull

Fucking

Shit

That is all.

+1..... my Xcon 18 is in a huge box, tuned real low for stuff like Decaf, but sometimes Ill jam out to some Mudvayne or Mushroomhead or something with really fast dbl bass drum and it loves it. doesnt "blend" together into a rumble at all. Maybe you just been hearing some cheap ass flea market 18s?

:drinks: it's all in the build.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ive seen the clarion in person and it looks as if it should suck balls. had at best a 10 inch spider and the magnet was tiny. didnt think it would be able to move the cone

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

This post got way out of hand haha. That Cadence sub looks like complete crap with that Metal looking cone. On the specs it doesn't even show a RMS power rating, just peak. Right there you can tell it sucks. to the OP, I read this whole topic, and subs do not give out a "distorted signal" the receivers do. And I don't remember who said it, but they said that the reason why when you listen to 18s vs 12s they sound different is because they are in different boxes. That is the truth right their.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

There's some vids on youtube of the clarion sub in a car iirc. Looks like it works half decent to me, unless it was the cadence sub.. it was one of the 30" plus ones though.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

• 7 years later...

Archived