SMD CC-1 (video) How it works - Gain Matching Crossover calibrating

How Can you adjust the subsonic filter. You did not adjust the subsonic

you can do this man

Subsonic filter is to roll off the low frequencies under the resonant frequency of your subwoofer if you are using a ported design because under the port tuned frequency the woofer excursion is no longer controlled and will bottom out very easily. This does not have happen if you have a sealed box as the woofer excursion is always controlled by the air in the box.

For your sub, 30Hz would be about right but other forum members may have other responses.

As for th 80 Hz LPF, it depends on how much bass your mids can take. If you have really good mids you can set the LPF 60Hz or so, and then the High Pass Filter for the Mids also at 60Hz. Thats where I set mine. Experiment with yours. The extra bass comming from up front is awesome. I do have very high end mids and 300watts a side however.

the "turn counterclockwise until voltage is .707 x max voltage" is setting the -3db point

since power is voltage^2, .707 x.707 =0.5 or half power, the -3db point.

(.707 = 1/square root of 2)

So for the LPF example, the procedure sets the -3dB point at 80 Hz. This would be more accurate than looking at the frequency dial on the knob.

you need to have an AC RMS voltmeter. Most DVMs read AC volts RMS.

Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Maybe i missed something... Does the CC-1 match subsonic filters or how does one do so when gain matching 2 amps? I am pretty sure you would want both filters set at the same level.

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

Maybe i missed something... Does the CC-1 match subsonic filters or how does one do so when gain matching 2 amps? I am pretty sure you would want both filters set at the same level.

You would set each amp separate as far as SSF's go, but you can set each one to the EXACT frequency you want them at. When setting *Subsonic Filters* you set each amp individually but they will still be identical and not play below XX frequency. It comes with two discs that have a track for different frequencies so that's how you set them. No guessing. No using a DMM. No math involved. Super easy, super accurate, super worth it IMO>

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0