Sundown Audio

UPDATE... was two 15" DD, then Sundown... NOW four sa12!!!

Though some may ASSUME that this is a comparison test... it really isn't meant to be. I have had two DD 3515 in the Dodge for a few months now. They are seriously great subs. I love them and have no plans on letting them go anywhere. However... with all of the great testing results...as well as superior support that Jacob, Jimmy, Brandon and the crew at Sundown Audio have shown me since I showed interest in the company, I grabbed my credit card and now have found myself with a pair of Sundown Audio sa15 15" subwoofers to play with. (Thank you Jacob)

I have to say... I honestly don't care too much about numbers from this build. It was meant to beat you to death with a small amount of power. The amplifier I'm currently running is a DDm3a rated at 2050 watts at 1 ohm. I have a stock battery under the hood and an upgraded alternator from Excessive Amperage. (Electrical upgrades are planned soon with some nice batts)...

Listening... the DD subs have a very serious pounding sensation to them that drills in deep and never quits from the beginning to the end of just about any song. The best number I ever scored with this setup was a 151.9dB in the kick NSPL hardcore style, and a 149.5dB sealed on the dash (legal style)... at the headrest (MECA style) a 150.0dB...

Now the Sundown sa15 subs landed in the truck. There was no need to re-adjust gains on the amplifier as the amplifier had been properly set with the wonderful SMD DD1 Distortion Detector. I hooked them up and went right to the meter. Fresh out of the box these subs were going to get a beating. I was impressed that they cranked out a crazy 151.4dB (.5dB away from the highest score with the DD subs) with the same power. Of course I realize the sa15" are getting very close to their rated power and the DD's rated at 1200 each are underpowered... still impressive. The numbers the Sundown put down are great numbers. but...please keep this in mind with a 16k on those 3500 DD 15" subs they cranked out over 156dB.

The Sundown subs immediately after metering went through a 45 minute music tri-athalon... Rock, Country, Rap, and even some Bass Mechanik, Psyph Morrison, DECAF, and some DJ Slow N Throw... I beat them to death... only one song I picked played below a 150dB and it was the "axel f" song from beverly hills cop and it still did a 149.4! REALLY!!! And the subs never even got warm! So at one point I got so excited that I cranked it up a bit too much past the clipping point (volume on deck) just to get some distortion to them and try to heat them up. Jacob, how you did it I will never know... but I knew when it was time to turn them down as I could smell a hint of Garlic. Yea Garlic... and I had two others confirm my scent diagnosis. hahaha... So I grabbed the meter with the subs still a bit hot from the hell I just gave them to see how they would still stack up when pushed to the edge of abuse for competition... SAME SCORE a 151.4dB! I have to say that for value, performance, and durability the Sundown sa15 15" subwoofers are the best sub I've ever punished. KUDOS to Sundown.

Edited by PULSE CAR AUDIO

Nice.

Vehicle: 1995 Impala SSHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P4400BHMids And Highs: (still deciding)Batteries: 1 Deka Group 34

Time to make a race car.My Build Log: Solo X 12"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build/My Build Log: DC lvl 4 xl 15"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build-My Wall Build Log: 4 Lanzar 15's/ 3k+ RMShttp://www.stevemead...t-by-techforce/My Feedback:http://www.stevemead...1

$200 can get you a 151.4. Money isn't everything and this proves it. Now granted with twice the power the dd's would out perform the sundowns, but still, same wattage, same box, $$$ hundred's less, only a .4 difference, I think it's safe to say Jacob got skills when it comes to building a sub!!!!

Edited by miniSPLlancer

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander
Sony 712

Soundqubed HDS208

Alpine MRV-M500

Transmission line enclosure

Soundqubed wiring

Knu rca

XS Power battery

CNF terminals

$200 can get you a 151.4. Money isn't everything and this proves it. Now granted with twice the power the dd's would out perform the sundowns, but still, same wattage, same box, $$$ hundred's less, only a .4 difference, I think it's safe to say Jacob got skills when it comes to building a sub!!!!

How exactly can $200 get you over 151?

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

Must have meant $400 lol...

TDH FTW !!!

yes please i want to know too

I like what I see.

XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s

MechMan 220a Alt

DC 5K

Kicker 650.4

2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1

Build log: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/

Though some may ASSUME that this is a comparison test... it really isn't meant to be. I have had two DD 3515 in the Dodge for a few months now. They are seriously great subs. I love them and have no plans on letting them go anywhere. However... with all of the great testing results...as well as superior support that Jacob, Jimmy, Brandon and the crew at Sundown Audio have shown me since I showed interest in the company, I grabbed my credit card and now have found myself with a pair of Sundown Audio sa15 15" subwoofers to play with. (Thank you Jacob)

I have to say... I honestly don't care too much about numbers from this build. It was meant to beat you to death with a small amount of power. The amplifier I'm currently running is a DDm3a rated at 2050 watts at 1 ohm. I have a stock battery under the hood and an upgraded alternator from Excessive Amperage. (Electrical upgrades are planned soon with some nice batts)...

Listening... the DD subs have a very serious pounding sensation to them that drills in deep and never quits from the beginning to the end of just about any song. The best number I ever scored with this setup was a 151.9dB in the kick NSPL hardcore style, and a 149.5dB sealed on the dash (legal style)... at the headrest (MECA style) a 150.0dB...

Now the Sundown sa15 subs landed in the truck. There was no need to re-adjust gains on the amplifier as the amplifier had been properly set with the wonderful SMD DD1 Distortion Detector. I hooked them up and went right to the meter. Fresh out of the box these subs were going to get a beating. I was impressed that they cranked out a crazy 151.4dB (.5dB away from the highest score with the DD subs) with the same power. Of course I realize the sa15" are getting very close to their rated power and the DD's rated at 1200 each are underpowered... still impressive. The numbers the Sundown put down are great numbers. but...please keep this in mind with a 16k on those 3500 DD 15" subs they cranked out over 156dB.

The Sundown subs immediately after metering went through a 45 minute music tri-athalon... Rock, Country, Rap, and even some Bass Mechanik, Psyph Morrison, DECAF, and some DJ Slow N Throw... I beat them to death... only one song I picked played below a 150dB and it was the "axel f" song from beverly hills cop and it still did a 149.4! REALLY!!! And the subs never even got warm! So at one point I got so excited that I cranked it up a bit too much past the clipping point (volume on deck) just to get some distortion to them and try to heat them up. Jacob, how you did it I will never know... but I knew when it was time to turn them down as I could smell a hint of Garlic. Yea Garlic... and I had two others confirm my scent diagnosis. hahaha... So I grabbed the meter with the subs still a bit hot from the hell I just gave them to see how they would still stack up when pushed to the edge of abuse for competition... SAME SCORE a 151.4dB! I have to say that for value, performance, and durability the Sundown sa15 15" subwoofers are the best sub I've ever punished. KUDOS to Sundown.

Glad you are pleased with them, Ric :drink40:

Not too shabby for our 600-watt driver that sells at the price it does :)

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg