Sundown Audio

New Sundown Project Vehicle

So... I want to do something for real this time and actually get a vehicle that can handle some weight and still drive around without issues. Concerns about driveability have really hampered my previous plans for something large. I really do NOT like driving huge vehicles either for the most part.

I happened across a really interesting vehicle by chance on Craigslist last week and decided to pull the trigger !

2006 Chevy Express 3500 w/ Duramax Diesel Engine!

I test drove it and it was alot more comfortable for me to drive than most huge vehicles and has some real power behind it as well.

I am looking at mostly music and mostly impressive demoing but would plan to compete in bass boxing and bass race with it.

We are talking to Shok about wiring, planning Excessive Amperage for alternators, XS Power 16v batteries, and of course Sundown subs, amps, and mids.

As of this moment I am thinking about 8x 18" woofers in a 4th order... initial box estimates put me at something like 100 cubes or so while leaving room for box thickness, amps, and batteries... so looking @ 3-4 cubes or so each sealed and 8-9 cubes or so each vented (so either 1:2 or 1:3).

Other thoughts have crossed my mind like a bunch of SA woofers... but I know plenty of our Team members have done that already.

I don't expect this to get done quickly by any means as we are looking into ways to beef up the doors, floor, and ceiling before we even touch the woofers... we'll also likely get the door panels made first as well (these doors look like they can hold a ton of mids easily).

CIMG5592.JPG

CIMG5593.JPG

CIMG5594.JPG

* 8 lugs are nice for this kind of weight ! Later on I'll put nice rims on it as well but these will do until the real work is done.

CIMG5595.JPG

CIMG5596.JPG

* Dash isn't the best for SPL by the looks of it but that isn't the biggest concern for what I want.

CIMG5597.JPG

CIMG5598.JPG

CIMG5599.JPG

* Has a ding on this side... but overall a clean van.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Sweet.

Vehicle: 1995 Impala SSHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P4400BHMids And Highs: (still deciding)Batteries: 1 Deka Group 34

Time to make a race car.My Build Log: Solo X 12"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build/My Build Log: DC lvl 4 xl 15"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build-My Wall Build Log: 4 Lanzar 15's/ 3k+ RMShttp://www.stevemead...t-by-techforce/My Feedback:http://www.stevemead...1

Finally, what's going in Z's or NS's?

Going for 160 at 20-25hz? :)

Plan is currently Z v.3 18s

I am not looking to peak that low -- I'll be dialing it in to peak where more non-modified music plays in the 30-50 Hz region.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg

Should be a crazy demo vehicle

What kind of power you looking at?

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13
-------------------------------------------------------------------

I drove a 1500 express at my last job and that thing really is a nice drive. Plans on suspension to support the weight?

It's a 3500 already so a good start -- we have some bags left over from Brandon's truck as well (formerly assman's green truck) that we plan to use.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg