Second Skin Audio

Another Peel & Seal thread... but not what you think

You missed the entire mark on this one.

Your saying that means you missed the point of my post, and so did jon as it seems.

oh well, ill carry on misunderstood and y'all carry on selling stuff that doesn't do a bit of good for half the target audience of this forum. Note the gfaphs had huge spikes down low, where most of us want deadening to begin with.

Edited by Sanitarium

i want to see some alpha damp on there

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

this test is one ive been waiting on for a while. i argue with people all the time that peal n seal is just not a valid equivalent to any sort of real sound deadener. im def going to bookmark this at work to prove this to people (i work sales at a car stereo shop). it should definitely help my argument. thanks jon for a great test! :drinks:

also im curious for a test of 100% cld coverage. and why was the peal n seal in strips? isnt it a big roll or is it precut strips from manufacturer? ive never used the product. just curious if the strips vs solid piece would effect results as well.

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

Out of curiosity, and I know it'll perform really well, how does the CDL do for 100% coverage?

Even better, but it becomes a situations of is it really worth it?

As for testing specific other products (such as Alpha Damp) and publishing that data, I don't think I will be able to do that while working for one of these companies.

I'm all for someone else putting forth the effort to do this independently so I'm not the only one getting all of the flak. :D

baaudio, the Peal and Seal product that I was requested to use in this test just happen to come as a 2" strip product. The results would be very close, if not exactly the same if it came on a 3' wide roll.

Edited by Second Skin Rep Jon

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Well said, Jon. :yahoo:

Some people won't believe it until they see proof. Some still won't believe it. And those people I will be louder than.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

can you show 100% coverage of cdl to show 100% PnS vs 100% CDL

edit: not reading 3rd page fail >.<

Edited by michigancapri92

Your saying that means you missed the point of my post, and so did jon as it seems.

oh well, ill carry on misunderstood and y'all carry on selling stuff that doesn't do a bit of good for half the target audience of this forum. Note the gfaphs had huge spikes down low, where most of us want deadening to begin with.

What do you mean spikes down low?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

this test showed the results of 100% coverage vs 25% coverage ... obviously for those who are in the extreme situations they will use ACTUAL deadner AND do 100% coverage on a roof for example and possibly 2 layers or have the layers overlap a bit which im sure will give MUCH better results over the 25% coverage that was shown !!!!!!!!

great test jon

What do you mean spikes down low?

I don't know...

As the graph moves horizontally, that is the time frame, starting at 0 and going all the way to 120 seconds.

The vertical peaks is the amplitude of the vibration, higher the peak, the more it vibrated/registered.

And I appreciate all the feedback, be it good or bad. Really I do appreciate it guys. :clapping:

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png