Second Skin Audio

Another Peel & Seal thread... but not what you think

You missed the entire mark on this one.

Your saying that means you missed the point of my post, and so did jon as it seems.

oh well, ill carry on misunderstood and y'all carry on selling stuff that doesn't do a bit of good for half the target audience of this forum. Note the gfaphs had huge spikes down low, where most of us want deadening to begin with.

so what exactly was ur point then? seeing this i don't see how anyone could argue that peel and seal is worth a damn... yes it does "something" as the test shows but most importantly its not even cheaper when u look at the actual results. comparing 200% vs 25% to halfway equal what does that show people with 4 layers or whatever? looking at the graphs from 100% to 200% you can see where diminishing results kicks in and it does little at some points. at least i think i can (jon can u make a graph to show 100% vs the double layer?)

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Wow, I guess it's always just been kinda common sense to me, but I liked reading the actual facts, I think this will help a lot of people

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

Wow, I guess it's always just been kinda common sense to me, but I liked reading the actual facts, I think this will help a lot of people

im still surprised there are no more 1 thread a week about it. i wonder if they got deleted lol.gif

Edited by Mr. Darkjustice

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

I complete agree with single layer tests like this.. but for the money I triple layer my roof and I got good results, on the other hand never tried anything else. Down fall is I had a real hard time with adhesion on my roof even after I clean and everythng.. maybe if second skin would cut smd members a nicer deal, I would really switch over... jmo.

I also wish FI would cut me a deal on BTLs so that they're closer in price to some Sonys. But then I realized that's absolutely retarded. Better product, better performance means higher price cause that's how business works. For the same money I could buy 8 Sony woofers and be just as loud as a BTL. What would you rather have bro? 8 Sonys or one BTL? Same applies to deadener, and I think I'll take the better deadener.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

I exchanged a few pm's with you a few months ago concerning vibrations and how to test. What is the instrument used in this test?

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

I exchanged a few pm's with you a few months ago concerning vibrations and how to test. What is the instrument used in this test?

im pretty sure he said accelerometer :good:

Thanks. Now I'm wondering what brand and such :popcorn:

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

im pretty sure he said accelerometer :good:

Thanks. Now I'm wondering what brand and such :popcorn:

sorry lol didn't see any info on that lol

I complete agree with single layer tests like this.. but for the money I triple layer my roof and I got good results, on the other hand never tried anything else. Down fall is I had a real hard time with adhesion on my roof even after I clean and everythng.. maybe if second skin would cut smd members a nicer deal, I would really switch over... jmo.

I also wish FI would cut me a deal on BTLs so that they're closer in price to some Sonys. But then I realized that's absolutely retarded. Better product, better performance means higher price cause that's how business works. For the same money I could buy 8 Sony woofers and be just as loud as a BTL. What would you rather have bro? 8 Sonys or one BTL? Same applies to deadener, and I think I'll take the better deadener.

totally agree but u may need a lil more then 8 sonys

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer