Second Skin Audio

Another Peel & Seal thread... but not what you think

so you want to see 100vs 100 coverage?

yes.. and i wanna see the graphs shown both ways (blue over red, then red over blue)

with a better graph resolution around the 20-200 hz range (he said he did a wide band sweep i believe?)

yes.. and i wanna see the graphs shown both ways (blue over red, then red over blue)

with a better graph resolution around the 20-200 hz range (he said he did a wide band sweep i believe?)

He never measured any sound at all. He used an accelerometer to measure how much the metal moved...

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

He never measured any sound at all. He used an accelerometer to measure how much the metal moved...

sound waves

interpreted by an inanimate object

is movement.

Edit: oh no i got more to say here

You sir are fucking retarded.

NO i never answered your question, i was never conversing with you to start with.

and WTF do you really think a sound wave is anyways?

oscillating matter causing compression and decompression of a medium (in our most commonly perceived state: gas) vibrating our ear drums, to be converted to electrical impulses, interpreted by our brain as sound.

lets break that down since i'm really starting to suspect that you truly are remedial here.

oscillation= movement

compression/decompression = movement

vibration = movement

And here's the advanced one, electrical impulses. yes electrons.... you guess it, moving!

Edited by Sanitarium
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

sound waves

is movement.

oh my god. there is nothing on the graph to represent frequency. You can't highlight, increase resolution or do anything else to something that isn't there.

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

sound waves

is movement.

oh my god. there is nothing on the graph to represent frequency. You can't highlight, increase resolution or do anything else to something that isn't there.

Nice of you to so kindly prove my point I was nice enough not to bump this thread with. Added it to my previous post.

I'm remedial? And you think a graph that represents how much a piece of metal moves is a measure of sound.

But since you weren't conversing with me, in an open forum of all places, I will be done.

Edited by MrSkippyJ

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I'm remedial? And you think a graph that represents how much a piece of metal moves is a measure of sound.

*AHEM*

So I took some time and ran some products through a fairly simple vibration test.

Location for the transducer that will provide the vibrations for the test.

Now onto the testing!

With the transducer mounted to the panel, an audio signal was then fed into it, thus causing the panel to vibrate. I used the 20Hz to 250Hz Sine Sweep from Realm of Excursion. I ran the test a total of three times and took the average of the three and used that as my baseline. Here is the graph for the baseline.

sine sweep. transducer. vibration. sound.

ok remedial must not have been the correct word.

Denser then the core of a black hole should suffice.

I exchanged a few pm's with you a few months ago concerning vibrations and how to test. What is the instrument used in this test?

Yes I used an accelerometer. I can't remember the exact brand (I bought it quite a while ago), but I'll check. It was from an instrument manufacturer, that I do remember.

Since it is still setup, I will run a 100% CLD coverage test today as well so there is a 100% vs. 100% graph.

This transducer does not produce much, if any, audible sound. When mounted and fed an audio signal it shakes so you can FEEL the sound, not hear it. Basically a mini bass shaker.

The reason I used the sine sweep is so that the transducer produces a constant, yet wide range of vibrations. The lower frequency range (at the beginning of the graph) obviously produce the higher amplitude vibrations since the transducer wasn't designed nor meant to reproduce/shake at the higher frequencies (the right side of the graph).

The accelerometer is not a mic and does not pick up sound waves. Sure if the sound was loud enough and at the right frequency it could make the accelerometer resonate, but it does not pick up sound. You can literally hold the accelerometer in your hand and yell at it and it wont register anything (except for the small minute movements of you holding it).

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

I exchanged a few pm's with you a few months ago concerning vibrations and how to test. What is the instrument used in this test?

Yes I used an accelerometer. I can't remember the exact brand (I bought it quite a while ago), but I'll check. It was from an instrument manufacturer, that I do remember.

Since it is still setup, I will run a 100% CLD coverage test today as well so there is a 100% vs. 100% graph.

This transducer does not produce much, if any, audible sound. When mounted and fed an audio signal it shakes so you can FEEL the sound, not hear it. Basically a mini bass shaker.

The reason I used the sine sweep is so that the transducer produces a constant, yet wide range of vibrations. The lower frequency range (at the beginning of the graph) obviously produce the higher amplitude vibrations since the transducer wasn't designed nor meant to reproduce/shake at the higher frequencies (the right side of the graph).

The accelerometer is not a mic and does not pick up sound waves. Sure if the sound was loud enough and at the right frequency it could make the accelerometer resonate, but it does not pick up sound. You can literally hold the accelerometer in your hand and yell at it and it wont register anything (except for the small minute movements of you holding it).

^^^ checkmate. also in for results

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc